Midterm election and impact on the market ???

Gridlock is here are the markets love it!

From what someone on TV said... uncertainty was reduced.... IOW, the results are in and it is now a known... prior to the election it was an unknown...

Someone else said that the polling was much better this time around and that made people feel better...

Let's see how long it lasts.

If firing Sessions is the first step in trying to suppress the Mueller investigation, there could be turmoil or uncertainty ahead.

Commenting on an open investigation is not part of the thread topic. It's best to avoid this kind of discussion.

Well we all know the markets like certainty and at least for the next two years we know the make-up of the legislative branch.

Well we all know the markets like certainty and at least for the next two years we know the make-up of the legislative branch.

Yes, but there could be other uncertainties. I'm not certain what they might be. Is that enough uncertainty to rile the markets?

-ERD50

"It's always somethin'. If it's not one thing, it's 'nother" -- Gilda Radner

I don't think it matters. As an investor, I don't thin it matters at all.

It'll go up, it'll go down, but we don't know when.

AA, rebalance. Don't get to "whee", don't get to "whoah"....

Carry on.

“Uncertainty” is just a code word for the when the “other” party wins...

I can't imagine the Feds doing anything radical enough to materially affect the market one way or the other. With split government, neither side is going to get all of what it wants. FWIW, I still believe that split government is better than one party rule. Just my 2¢.

Hopefully, they will compromise and get a few things done right/better which most people will greatly appreciate.

Last edited:
News flash, Looks like the midterms gave us a 8% bump from the October lows!

Now, back to our previously scheduled programing!

News flash, Looks like the midterms gave us a 8% bump from the October lows!

Now, back to our previously scheduled programing!

Will be reduced today.:(

I’ve seen lots of statistical historic patterns broken in my lifetime.

And most are as statistically irrelevant as this one.I

Stocks are more often than not higher than they were the previous year.

Did anyone in this community buy or sell just in anticipation of the election? will any of us be buying or selling just due to the actual election outcomes?

Thing I know is they will go up, down, or sideways.

Ya'll sound like a bunch of dirty market timers. [emoji111]

And most are as statistically irrelevant as this one.I

Stocks are more often than not higher than they were the previous year.

Did anyone in this community buy or sell just in anticipation of the election? will any of us be buying or selling just due to the actual election outcomes?

I bought the lows in October and sold the rally in November. I kept a small amount (10%) specifically for an election bump which I unloaded on Wednesday. Was not concerned about outcomes and still have a core position (20%) in stocks 1/2 US and 1/2 China.

Back
Top Bottom