Missle defense in Europe? Pi$$ off the Russians why?

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Why do we again have to put missle defense shields in europe?

Let the French Do it, how bout the Brits? The Germans??

Oh we are worried about Iran? Please a third world country

Well shoot, our government and intelligence groups are still loaded with cold war era russian "experts", and there just hasnt been a lot of use for their expertise lately.

So it makes great sense to poke the russians with a stick, and give all those people the opportunity to use their best skills to their fullest, ? ;)

Why do we again have to put missle defense shields in europe?

Let the French Do it, how bout the Brits? The Germans??

Oh we are worried about Iran? Please a third world country

I definately agree. Once they believe that we won't be letting our young die and we pay for their defense they might actually do something.
If we would have stuck with the Monroe Doctrine we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Living in a NATO country that borders Russia, I have been following all this very closely. I personally think putting this system in Poland and the Czech Republic is a very bad idea for several reasons I'm too tired this morning to type out.

But here is an interesting article that helps give a little insight to the way Russia may be perceiving the installation of these systems.

Why Russia Fears Ballistic Missile Defense

Living in a NATO country that borders Russia, I have been following all this very closely. I personally think putting this system in Poland and the Czech Republic is a very bad idea for several reasons I'm too tired this morning to type out.

But here is an interesting article that helps give a little insight to the way Russia may be perceiving the installation of these systems.

Why Russia Fears Ballistic Missile Defense

Trek the article is on point.

Heck if Putin was really thinking he would cut off oil sales to the states if we tried to keep building this idocy.

If Bush is serious about wanting to protect Europe from rogues like Iran and not start a new cold war, then put the defense system in the western edge of Russia.

If Bush is serious about wanting to protect Europe from rogues like Iran and not start a new cold war, then put the defense system in the western edge of Russia.

That's exactly the location where it has been proposed and why Russia opposes it.

MasterBlaster, There you go again, can't you think before you post. The system was not proposed to be placed in Russia, but rather in Poland & Czech. What I am suggesting is rather than have Putin object to it being in some former Russian satellites (now Nato countries), put the system in Russia instead and make them feel that they will benefit from it as well.

DFW

MasterBlaster, There you go again, can't you think before you post. The system was not proposed to be placed in Russia, but rather in Poland & Czech. What I am suggesting is rather than have Putin object to it being in some former Russian satellites (now Nato countries), put the system in Russia instead and make them feel that they will benefit from it as well.

DFW

Maybe you need to look at a map to find out where Poland and the Czech Republic are. From the maps that I see they are on the western edge of Russia.

I am sorry that you have goofy ideas and can't post concisely what you mean.

Maybe you'll do better next time.

DFW is correct, Bush is BSin Putin and the Russians, another stupid policy that sure did not come from bushes head. Think Cheney, and the other wackos in this administration. If we really are concerned about Iran, Laugh Out Loud. Needing a missle defense system for europe yes PUT IT IN RUSSIA!!!

Didn't bush look into putins eyes a few years back:confused:

Sorry gang this guy is dangerous, how many more months do we have with Bush at the controls??

Newguy888, Agree, Bush and his team have done some very serious global and domestic damage and I am looking forward to their departure. This project makes about as much sense as building a wall between the US and Mexico.

Maybe you need to look at a map to find out where Poland and the Czech Republic are. From the maps that I see they are on the western edge of Russia.

For the record, neither Poland or the Czech Republic have a border with Russia.

europe.gif

Well that is strictly true unless one is using the term generally.

It's close enough though for government work and missile defense sites or if one loosely refers to Russia as the former Soviet Union.

What our president is doing to the Russians is just stupid. He has some pretty big dumb ideas with this one. How many americans understand what is really going on here??

What really is the purpose?

europe.gif

Trek most americans are too stupid and really have no idea that say Cuba is south of Florida!!

You want them to know eastern Europe??

Yep, we could put it in Russian administered Kaliningrad Oblast, right next to Poland. But it's not about protecting Russia or Europe.

For the geographically challenged:

oblast_kaliningrad.gif

MasterBlaster, Does my post from yesterday now seem so goofy to you:confused:

DFW

I am sorry that you have goofy ideas and can't post concisely what you mean.

Maybe you'll do better next time.

DFW:

I haven't made up my mind about you yet. Based on several of your posts I am leaning towards labeling you as anal-retentive.

Still your post in this thread was not very clear as to what exactly you meant.

Your post in the WSJ thread was way out in left field.

MasterBlaster, I have always found this board to have polite, intelligent and genuinely nice people who are receptive to the input of others. My issue with your behavior is that it is not up to you to judge if someone's post is relavent or not. If you disagree with a post, state your disagreement in a contructive manner and allow for dialog; there is no reason to tell someone their post is irrelevant, goofy, or out in left field. If something is not clear to you, then ask for clarification.

I had never posted in this particular section of Dories forum before, but yesterday, in a matter of about 5 minutes, you jumped all over my first two posts and left me feeling unwelcome on this sub-forum. Sir, I have very little tolerance for self appointed moderators that behave as you did and I will blast you back if I catch you doing that sort of thing again.

DFW

DFW:

I'll post what I want, I don't need instructions from you. When I see some nonsense posted, I'll call it what it is.

My posts were nothing compared to lots of stuff that gets slung around this forum.

For someone that has such delicate and sensitive feelings, you sure over-react to a post that sets your misdirected posts straight.

Methinks Putin just wants another transfer of American cash to Russia like the Space Station where Russia chips in working launch vehicle technology and we pay for it.

Plus Putin is just passing gas.

I'll post what I want, I don't need instructions from you. When I see some nonsense posted, I'll call it what it is.

You're gonna be a busy guy -- there's a lot of bullsh!t being thrown around the fourm :)

Back
Top Bottom