Join Early Retirement Today

MIT research: Are tinfoil hats effective?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

MIT research: Are tinfoil hats effective?

On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:

An Empirical Study

Ali Rahimi1, Ben Recht 2, Jason Taylor 2, Noah Vawter 2
17 Feb 2005 1: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department, MIT.
2: Media Laboratory, MIT.

Abstract

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

Full report:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Check out the video link at the bottom...the Canadians, apparently hungry for news on the subject, put this guy on TV.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This is wonderful; lots of laughs. I love Ali's indentification of "a fringe component of the paranoid community". As opposed to the mainstream paranoid community I guess.

Also like the plaster bust model. Looks like Emporer Claudius channeling Alfred E. Newman.

Ha

Old 06-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #3

The tinfoil helmets obviously provide protection from renegade citizens attempt at mind control. The government frequencies for radiolocation and control are open.

The evaluators neglected a gaping direction, that is the ELF/VLF frequencies used to talk to submarines. These signals are non-directional, therefore will access the brain from below the helmet.

Furthermore, any hapless creature with amalgam fillings, gold and other precious metal tooth caps is still vulnerable to control via resonances at many frequencies.

The governments position: All your brains belong to US. Resistance is futile!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm, just reminds me of Jiffy Pop popcorn.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
The tinfoil helmets obviously provide protection from renegade citizens attempt at mind control. The government frequencies for radiolocation and control are open.

The evaluators neglected a gaping direction, that is the ELF/VLF frequencies used to talk to submarines...
Well, of course they did. More telling, they also omitted the spies that watch us through our computer screens...

Which reminds me to pass on a warning I recently received from my commander: be on the lookout for Katiesmith55, who is a government spy posing as a member of lonely hearts club...
Old 06-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Tin Foil Hat Song

Posted this some time ago on the funny video thread and couldn't help posting it again here. Good prep for Monday's stock market opening...

eclectech : the tinfoil hat song Video
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

It's not tin, dammit, it's aluminum. Get it straight!

"Who among us is smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others?" - Voltaire
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #8

aluminum=aluminium
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Administrator

However, it has been demonstrated that persistent wearing of an aluminum foil helmet is an extremely effective contraceptive device, almost but not quite equivalent to the effect of never brushing one's teeth.