Modulators, enjoy my sabbatical

Re: Moderators, enjoy my sabbatical

Heck if posting lewd and off color things were not accepted here I'd be in deep dodo for my additions to the Thursday Joke folder.

WB OAP

Sorry to see you're taking a sabbatical you insensitive, silly druggy. ;)

Your absence will really improve the moral fiber of this forum since no one else on this forum has ever been insensitive, silly or supportive of drug use.

(sorry for being so insensitive and silly :D)

Wow, i've gotta stop waking up in the middle of the night and in Lunesta inspired psychosis, sending people emails instead of eating.

Maybe I could pop a few of these and sleep walk at work... ;)

I did get up and cook a meal and write 10 posts here...about a week ago...absolutely no recollection of doing either. The posts (surprisingly) were decently written. One made me laugh.

Nothing in my sent items to OAP though... ;)

I've made contact with a number of people in Nigeria, I just need an email address to refer them to for further processing...oh yeah, and I found some nice guys in the UAE that are willing to pay good money for a new sex slave with a penchant for horses.

Re: Moderators, enjoy my leaving

mike-1 said:
OAP ... I dont know the details, myself being very new here.

But if you like this place then why quit? 

I myself 'came aboard' a few weeks ago, was almost immediately met wih a fairly hostile reception even, of all people, from the moderator!

Plus I was labeled a troll. I still don't know to this day what unpardonable sins I committed.

I will admit that I left in disgust.

But after a few weeks, in fact these last few days, I decided to return. I do not know for how long though.

Honestly, I can't say I like this place one way or the other. But I do notice intelligent and interesting commentary. Some here even have a sense of humour.  :D

Anyways FWIW whatever you decide then best of luck. You seem to have some support here already. That does count. So maybe think again? 

Who are you fooling? You left because no one was picking up your troll bait. Now that you've been run off of other boards, you are back here to try your hand agian. Your protests of innocence ring quite hollow. I explained to you last time what kind of first impression you were having on the board, your response in so many words was, "what are you going to do about it, bub?". You've made your intentions quite clear. You are free to turn over a new leaf and escape the scrutiny of the moderators at any time.

Laurence, mike-1 was NOT run off other boards, zipper was incorrect in his statement, in actual fact mike-1 moderates the very board that zipper said he was run off of.

The reaction to his statements was nothing more than a few people not agreeing with what he said, then all of a sudden freedom of Speeech and Expression went out of the window.

It reminded me of the reaction you get when you tell your wife, after she asks you, what you think of her new hair do.

I will also say that there was an element of racism on the reaction of certain posters, the fact that mike-1 admits to being Canadian draws out the bigotry of a couple of people here.

Maximillion
Just for clarification “Canadian” I do not believe is considered a race of people. Likewise, ‘Freedom of Speech’ , which is often quoted in this country comes from the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” Which you will see not does not apply to moderators.

His banned/non banned status on other boards does not change his checkered history on this board. Again, he has a choice to behave himself, it's his call.

Are you familiar with the term "Denial of Service" or "DOS" attack? Basically, a hacker hits a system or network with so much garbage traffic that he/she degrades or denies it's ability to process meaningful traffic.

This board traffics in, among other things, data on early retirement and financial advice. We have all seen boards where trolls are allowed to deny that service with all the troll bait they flood it with, scaring off the good posters, and running it into the ground. We don't want that to happen here.

So Mike-1 can choose to try to pick a fight with me again, which I will ingnore, again, and then unregister himself, again. Or he can be a well behaved member of the community. Please direct all comments about Nazi-like, over-controlling, bully Moderators to the circular file on the first floor. :)

Laurence said:
His banned/non banned status on other boards does not change his checkered history on this board.  Again, he has a choice to behave himself, it's his call.

Are you familiar with the term "Denial of Service" or "DOS" attack?  Basically, a hacker hits a system or network with so much garbage traffic that he/she degrades or denies it's ability to process meaningful traffic. 

This board traffics in, among other things, data on early retirement and financial advice.  We have all seen boards where trolls are allowed to deny that service with all the troll bait they flood it with, scaring off the good posters, and running it into the ground.  We don't want that to happen here.

So Mike-1 can choose to try to pick a fight with me again, which I will ingnore, again, and then unregister himself, again.  Or he can be a well behaved member of the community.  Please direct all comments about Nazi-like, over-controlling, bully Moderators to the circular file on the first floor.  :)

Laurence you can save your little lecture for someone else. You are not running a kindergarten.

As mentioned above I am already a moderator at another board. I allow for free speech and don't get my knickers in a twist everytime I see something that displeases me.

Maybe you could follow my example?

As for trolls. Yes I have met quite a few and have been able to deal with them.  I left this board in disgust but am willing to let bygones be bygones. 

Sadly, your own attitide however doesn't help.

What I find refresing is that most posters here seem to be the decent sort.

Laurence , you are right, there are a variety of topics discussed here, although the primary intent is a discussion relating to Early Retirement.

I understand your concern re frivolous postings, but mike-1 has made a few comments that did not meet with the approval of a couple of people here, there are others who make umpteen, most not dealing with the subject at hand and frequently hijacking the topic.

I would further suggest, if you are concerned abnout the original mandate at this site, that you MODERATE some of these posters who make almost half the daily hits here to remind them of this sites intent, a suggestion only.

This board is like a school yard, it is just there are a few who have been here for awhile and mike-1 is the new kid in the playground?

Are Canadians a Race, are French,are British, of course they are, a distinct group with a defined culture and language and History.

This board is pretty free wheeling, some of the comments made here aimed at others would be censured at many other sites. :cool:

I am sure you can find another definition but this from:

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001-05.

race

one of the group of populations constituting humanity. The differences among races are essentially biological and are marked by the hereditary transmission of physical characteristics. Genetically a race may be defined as a group with gene frequencies differing from those of the other groups in the human species (see heredity; genetics; gene). However, the genes responsible for the hereditary differences between humans are extremely few when compared with the vast number of genes common to all human beings regardless of the race to which they belong. Many physical anthropologists believe that, because there is as much genetic variation among the members of any given race as there is between different racial groups, the concept of race is ultimately unscientific and racial categories are arbitrary designations. The term race is inappropriate when applied to national, religious, geographic, linguistic, or ethnic groups, nor can the biological criteria of race be equated with mental characteristics, such as intelligence, personality, or character.

I guess any thread can be hijacked by a bunch of moron trolls.

If we arent ready to set up a 'faux canadian troll' section of the board, can we call in the bouncers?

CFB, speaking of bigots , and how did someone who stays home with a kid qualify to participate in an Early Retirement forum:confused:

I should think you would have to work first, and how about all the quality time not spent with your child while you hang out here??

Speaking of Droll Trolls. ::)

I'm sorry Howard, but you must have missed the part about my being half canadian.

Apparently thats the bad half.

Bouncer please? These guys have no useful purpose here other than to create dissent.

Maximillion said:
CFB, speaking of bigots , and how did someone who stays home with a kid qualify to participate in an Early Retirement forum:confused:

I should think you would have to work first, and how about all the quality time not spent with your child while you hang out here??

Speaking of Droll Trolls. ::)

:confused: Uh, so some one can't raise a kid after retiring? He did work first. TH earned more in one year than I earn in ten, thus he retired in his late 30's. As far as quality time with the kid, you ever hear of nap time? :LOL:

TH, your requests are duly noted, we moderators operate on a advisement and consensus basis. In the mean time, if everyone could pause and reflect for a bit, it would be much obliged.

Let me get this straight. I'm frequenting a board where *Canadians* are the rogue element??!?!  Hold on to your wigs & keys.

... whatever Canadians are, they are not a "race", or they are to the extent that "Americans" are a race.

give me some of whatever OAP is mainlining.

As I read through this all,( thoroughly confused), all I could think of was the line in North Dallas Forty when the old receiver was informed about the young hot shot rookie coming in and the general manager said, "Uhh, do you speak Canadian?"

Everybody feel happy as the moderator pixie dust cloud envelopes you...calm thoughts fill your mind...  ;)

OAP, I'm not that kind of Moderator, just ask Mike-1!  :LOL: The only reason we intervene is to keep the trolls from running off the law-abiding posters.  We have no feelings ourselves.   ;)

Max and Mike-1, you are very good at being on the attack and making statements to rile people up. Inotherwords, troll behavior. I am having a hard time seeing what you are adding to this board. When do you answer peoples questions about FIRE? When do you ask your own?

If we irritate you, I doubt people here wiill miss you if you leave.

Back
Top Bottom