Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Moderators, enjoy my sabbatical
Old 03-27-2006, 08:48 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Nah!

Be offensive - we need more in the running:

I'll hoist my cup to - dryer sheets, kayaks and curmudgeons.

I mean - what else is ER for?

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

I thought it meant "No Mas." This could be a whole new thread.

setab

Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

nm
Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #24

nm
Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

OAP,

If you eat lutefisk for breakfast and kimchi for lunch your breath will keep even Ted Kennedy away.

setab
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 AM   #26

Heck if posting lewd and off color things were not accepted here I'd be in deep dodo for my additions to the Thursday Joke folder.

WB OAP

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #27

Sorry to see you're taking a sabbatical you insensitive, silly druggy.

Your absence will really improve the moral fiber of this forum since no one else on this forum has ever been insensitive, silly or supportive of drug use.

(sorry for being so insensitive and silly )

Old 03-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

I would recommend more fiber...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Wow, i've gotta stop waking up in the middle of the night and in Lunesta inspired psychosis, sending people emails instead of eating.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1404632.shtml
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Wow, i've gotta stop waking up in the middle of the night and in Lunesta inspired psychosis, sending people emails instead of eating.
Maybe I could pop a few of these and sleep walk at work...
Old 03-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I did get up and cook a meal and write 10 posts here...about a week ago...absolutely no recollection of doing either. The posts (surprisingly) were decently written. One made me laugh.

Nothing in my sent items to OAP though...

I've made contact with a number of people in Nigeria, I just need an email address to refer them to for further processing...oh yeah, and I found some nice guys in the UAE that are willing to pay good money for a new sex slave with a penchant for horses.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

http://www.sleepsex.org/

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR
are the people who aren't gettin' any in their sleep the one's who are eating in their sleep?

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Re: Moderators, enjoy my leaving
Old 03-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moderators, enjoy my leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
OAP ... I dont know the details, myself being very new here.

But if you like this place then why quit?*

I myself 'came aboard' a few weeks ago, was almost immediately met wih a fairly hostile reception even, of all people, from the moderator!

Plus I was labeled a troll. I still don't know to this day what unpardonable sins I committed.

I will admit that I left in disgust.

But after a few weeks, in fact these last few days, I decided to return. I do not know for how long though.

Honestly, I can't say I like this place one way or the other. But I do notice intelligent and interesting commentary. Some here even have a sense of humour.*

Anyways FWIW whatever you decide then best of luck. You seem to have some support here already. That does count. So maybe think again?*

Who are you fooling? You left because no one was picking up your troll bait. Now that you've been run off of other boards, you are back here to try your hand agian. Your protests of innocence ring quite hollow. I explained to you last time what kind of first impression you were having on the board, your response in so many words was, "what are you going to do about it, bub?". You've made your intentions quite clear. You are free to turn over a new leaf and escape the scrutiny of the moderators at any time.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #35
Full time employment: Posting here.

Laurence, mike-1 was NOT run off other boards, zipper was incorrect in his statement, in actual fact mike-1 moderates the very board that zipper said he was run off of.

The reaction to his statements was nothing more than a few people not agreeing with what he said, then all of a sudden freedom of Speeech and Expression went out of the window.

It reminded me of the reaction you get when you tell your wife, after she asks you, what you think of her new hair do.

I will also say that there was an element of racism on the reaction of certain posters, the fact that mike-1 admits to being Canadian draws out the bigotry of a couple of people here.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #36

Maximillion
Just for clarification “Canadian” I do not believe is considered a race of people. Likewise, ‘Freedom of Speech’ , which is often quoted in this country comes from the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” Which you will see not does not apply to moderators.
If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

His banned/non banned status on other boards does not change his checkered history on this board. Again, he has a choice to behave himself, it's his call.

Are you familiar with the term "Denial of Service" or "DOS" attack? Basically, a hacker hits a system or network with so much garbage traffic that he/she degrades or denies it's ability to process meaningful traffic.

This board traffics in, among other things, data on early retirement and financial advice. We have all seen boards where trolls are allowed to deny that service with all the troll bait they flood it with, scaring off the good posters, and running it into the ground. We don't want that to happen here.

So Mike-1 can choose to try to pick a fight with me again, which I will ingnore, again, and then unregister himself, again. Or he can be a well behaved member of the community. Please direct all comments about Nazi-like, over-controlling, bully Moderators to the circular file on the first floor.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #38
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
His banned/non banned status on other boards does not change his checkered history on this board.* Again, he has a choice to behave himself, it's his call.

Are you familiar with the term "Denial of Service" or "DOS" attack?* Basically, a hacker hits a system or network with so much garbage traffic that he/she degrades or denies it's ability to process meaningful traffic.*

This board traffics in, among other things, data on early retirement and financial advice.* We have all seen boards where trolls are allowed to deny that service with all the troll bait they flood it with, scaring off the good posters, and running it into the ground.* We don't want that to happen here.

So Mike-1 can choose to try to pick a fight with me again, which I will ingnore, again, and then unregister himself, again.* Or he can be a well behaved member of the community.* Please direct all comments about Nazi-like, over-controlling, bully Moderators to the circular file on the first floor.*
Laurence you can save your little lecture for someone else. You are not running a kindergarten.

As mentioned above I am already a moderator at another board. I allow for free speech and don't get my knickers in a twist everytime I see something that displeases me.

Maybe you could follow my example?

As for trolls. Yes I have met quite a few and have been able to deal with them.* I left this board in disgust but am willing to let bygones be bygones.*

Sadly, your own attitide however doesn't help.

What I find refresing is that most posters here seem to be the decent sort.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #39
Full time employment: Posting here.

Laurence , you are right, there are a variety of topics discussed here, although the primary intent is a discussion relating to Early Retirement.

I understand your concern re frivolous postings, but mike-1 has made a few comments that did not meet with the approval of a couple of people here, there are others who make umpteen, most not dealing with the subject at hand and frequently hijacking the topic.

I would further suggest, if you are concerned abnout the original mandate at this site, that you MODERATE some of these posters who make almost half the daily hits here to remind them of this sites intent, a suggestion only.

This board is like a school yard, it is just there are a few who have been here for awhile and mike-1 is the new kid in the playground?

Are Canadians a Race, are French,are British, of course they are, a distinct group with a defined culture and language and History.

This board is pretty free wheeling, some of the comments made here aimed at others would be censured at many other sites.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #40

I am sure you can find another definition but this from:

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001-05.

race

one of the group of populations constituting humanity. The differences among races are essentially biological and are marked by the hereditary transmission of physical characteristics. Genetically a race may be defined as a group with gene frequencies differing from those of the other groups in the human species (see heredity; genetics; gene). However, the genes responsible for the hereditary differences between humans are extremely few when compared with the vast number of genes common to all human beings regardless of the race to which they belong. Many physical anthropologists believe that, because there is as much genetic variation among the members of any given race as there is between different racial groups, the concept of race is ultimately unscientific and racial categories are arbitrary designations. The term race is inappropriate when applied to national, religious, geographic, linguistic, or ethnic groups, nor can the biological criteria of race be equated with mental characteristics, such as intelligence, personality, or character.

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote