Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Modulators, enjoy my sabbatical
Old 03-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

nm

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Moderators, enjoy my sabbatical
Old 03-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I guess any thread can be hijacked by a bunch of moron trolls.

If we arent ready to set up a 'faux canadian troll' section of the board, can we call in the bouncers?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

CFB, speaking of bigots , and how did someone who stays home with a kid qualify to participate in an Early Retirement forum

I should think you would have to work first, and how about all the quality time not spent with your child while you hang out here??

Speaking of Droll Trolls. :
Old 03-27-2006, 06:32 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

I'm sorry Howard, but you must have missed the part about my being half canadian.

Apparently thats the bad half.

Bouncer please? These guys have no useful purpose here other than to create dissent.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
CFB, speaking of bigots , and how did someone who stays home with a kid qualify to participate in an Early Retirement forum

I should think you would have to work first, and how about all the quality time not spent with your child while you hang out here??

Speaking of Droll Trolls. :
Uh, so some one can't raise a kid after retiring? He did work first. TH earned more in one year than I earn in ten, thus he retired in his late 30's. As far as quality time with the kid, you ever hear of nap time?

TH, your requests are duly noted, we moderators operate on a advisement and consensus basis. In the mean time, if everyone could pause and reflect for a bit, it would be much obliged.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #46

nm
Old 03-27-2006, 07:04 PM   #47

Let me get this straight. I'm frequenting a board where *Canadians* are the rogue element??!?! *Hold on to your wigs & keys.

... whatever Canadians are, they are not a "race", or they are to the extent that "Americans" are a race.

give me some of whatever OAP is mainlining.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

As I read through this all,( thoroughly confused), all I could think of was the line in North Dallas Forty when the old receiver was informed about the young hot shot rookie coming in and the general manager said, "Uhh, do you speak Canadian?"
Old 03-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Everybody feel happy as the moderator pixie dust cloud envelopes you...calm thoughts fill your mind... *

OAP, I'm not that kind of Moderator, just ask Mike-1! * The only reason we intervene is to keep the trolls from running off the law-abiding posters. *We have no feelings ourselves. *
Old 03-27-2006, 07:13 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Max and Mike-1, you are very good at being on the attack and making statements to rile people up. Inotherwords, troll behavior. I am having a hard time seeing what you are adding to this board. When do you answer peoples questions about FIRE? When do you ask your own?

If we irritate you, I doubt people here wiill miss you if you leave.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #51

nm
Old 03-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion
I will also say that there was an element of racism on the reaction of certain posters, the fact that mike-1 admits to being Canadian draws out the bigotry of a couple of people here.
Are Canadians a differnt race?

Ha
Old 03-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #53

nm
Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #54

"cold" pizza is obviously anathema, and probably the work of "the Canadians" who take no issue with the cold.

David was sculpted with certain anatomical anomalies, due to his intended viewing from a distant, lower, oblique vantage point. I can attest, from a modest sampling, that certain 'anomalies' are, however, the result of religious/cultural suppression, and not indicative of the Italian "race", nor, more correctly, the Hebraic one. Must've been the cold.*

Florence can be darned chilly.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back, mike-1. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
Laurence you can save your little lecture for someone else. You are not running a kindergarten.
Ya know, mike-1, for the last couple days I've been trying to remember why your name seems so familiar.

Then I searched your old posts:
Quote:
Hope eveyone here, including Lawrence, has enough brainpower to grasp that simple concept*
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint but you good folks can look forward to plenty more of the same. As to being called a troll, well I imagine I have been called far worse.*
Quote:
Why on earth would I wish to change my identity? How idiotic. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
As to raising a ruckus well I am truly mystified.*
I have to admit that it's easy to start fresh when you deleted your old account and therefore don't feel accountable for the behavior in your previous posts, but in the last couple days you don't seem to be turning over a new leaf.

You may remember last month that you sent me a PM?* I was in the middle of typing my response when you deleted your account and thus my ability to respond to your query.* But here's my response again:

* * *"I didn't think your comments at http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...0679#msg110679 merited a reply.* I'm not going to parse through each one of your posts to discuss your demeanor or your vocabulary-- that's what I meant when I said that we're not gonna play "gotcha".
* * *I am asking you to adopt a less confrontational & accusatory style and to basically be more friendly.* So far you don't seem to be here to discuss early retirement.* If you're here to spark controversy, arguments, & discord then you'll need to go somewhere else.* The reason I'm telling you these things is to give you a chance to change your behavior before we moderators start editing your posts.* The rest of the posters will do their best to ignore you until you either change your behavior or leave.
* * *Now that you know how things work around here, it's up to you."

Again, we're not going to play "parse the post".* If your attitude, language, or behavior offends then you'll be moderated.

The nice thing about the Internet is that you're free to go anywhere else and behave as you like.* None of us have any special entitlement to this board and we're all expected to behave accordingly.* While you're here you'll conform to the rules or your posts will be moderated.* If you don't like that or if you can't live with that, then kindly leave.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Uh, so some one can't raise a kid after retiring? He did work first. TH earned more in one year than I earn in ten, thus he retired in his late 30's. As far as quality time with the kid, you ever hear of nap time?
That was going to be my answer if I were going to feed the troll.

Its a really bad troll too. At least a half decent one tries to poke you with stuff thats at least a little bit based in reality...

Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #57
Give me a forum ...

I'm enjoying the regular thread title changes...
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #58
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina
"cold" pizza is obviously anathema, and probably the work of "the Canadians" who take no issue with the cold.
Cold Pizza makes a good breakfast.

It was +10 in Ontario Canada today and I was outside in my T Shirt and shorts... Not

My Friend who lives abput 200 Km north of me was shoveling snow that was at the same level as her roof last week.
Good Night
Bruce
Old 03-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #59

Quote:
Its a really bad troll too.* At least a half decent one tries to poke you with stuff thats at least a little bit based in reality...
not very effective, eh, when they have to be so fricken off the wall that they have to create another login account to have any chance of somebody to agree with them. By the way, I think it is time for Martha's dog to make another appearance.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #60
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy the Turbo Beagle
By the way, I think it is time for Martha's dog to make another appearance.
The constipated one...?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote