Monoculture

BigNick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The thread title is the title of this nice little book, which might be of interest to ER types.

The book is not an anti-capitalist rant, but it does question - and cause the reader to question - the ways in which the economic model permeates almost everything around us. It will probably strike a chord with LBYMers, people who grow their own vegetables or like to cook from scratch, and those who remember the good old days when certain public services were there for the public good, despite their inability to conform to a market model.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, BigNick. I think maybe the best parts didn't make it into the Amazon free sampler.

I'm not surprised when people get nostalgic for the way things were in the US in the 1950s/1960s. Things weren't like that anywhere else at that time, and things weren't like that in the US at any other time.

I'm not surprised when people get nostalgic for the way things were in the US in the 1950s/1960s. Things weren't like that anywhere else at that time, and things weren't like that in the US at any other time.
Well, the author is Canadian. And a lot of what she says resonates with Brits. :)

Sounds like an interesting read. I have often feared that we are becoming a society where we know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom