More Good News on the Legal Front

I can understand how some revel in Spitzer's demise (mainly ultra-right)... His actions were a bit hypocritical and problematic for his position.

But I rather enjoy watching him fry the miscreant white collar criminals and neer-do-wells in government and business. I wish we had a legion of Spitzers out there. There are far too few white-collar @$$h0!3s in prison! :bat:

Sorry. But I a not very pleased to see another set of pigs feeding on us and scr3wing up the economy.

Crooks and Liars » House Republicans show how to lose $1 million

The former treasurer for the National Republican Congressional Committee diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars — and possibly as much as $1 million — of the organization’s funds into his personal accounts, GOP officials said yesterday, describing an alleged scheme that could become one of the largest political frauds in recent history.

[…]

The committee also announced that it has submitted to banks five years’ worth of audits and financial documents allegedly faked by Ward, some of which were used to secure multimillion-dollar loans. It is a violation of federal laws to obtain loans through false statements; the crime is punishable by up to $1 million in fines and 30 years in prison.

Ironically, all week, the NRCC has argued that Democratic House candidates shouldn’t have anything to do with contributions from Eliot Spitzer ... By this logic, should Republican House candidates reject NRCC funds in light of the committee’s massive fraud scandal?

Million-dollar fines? 30 years in prison? Don't make me laugh.
Serious time is never on the table for white-collar Republican crime. If they all went to jail, who'd there be left to invest in the private prisons that hold all the drug-offense folks?

Back
Top Bottom