Most Amazing Kayak-Sealife Encounter I’ve Ever Seen

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW and I are looking into buying (Eddyline) kayaks, stumbled across this. I’ve seen and enjoyed many various wildlife encounter videos before, but none quite like this. Just imagine it was you...

https://youtu.be/G10_wHNNPeI

Last edited:
I thought it was going to be a thread about TromboneAl and Nessie... :LOL:

That was amazing. Thanks for sharing that video.

Beautiful! You will enjoy your kayak.

I have a canoe and float the river same adventure and I enjoy the beautiful scenery and wildlife.

I haven't come across anything quite that incredible in my kayak, but have had some fantastic wildlife encounters - manatees, dolphins, seals, sea otters to name some. Most of the time I am kayaking on Lake Michigan and don't see much other than some fish, but it's still immensely enjoyable.

incredible. That's a once in many lifetimes experience right there. Those folks were lucky...for the show..and that they didn't get swallowed lol.

One time in Florida DH and I were kayaking in our tandem (I think in Crystal River) and a manatee came up under us and lifted our kayak out of the water. At first we were scared but once we realized it was a manatee we had a great time. The manatee swam beside us for a while and allowed us to pet it. Quite the experience.

Even in an 80 ft boat it’s intimidating as heck to see one of those 40/50 ft giants leap out of the sea close by! We were in a much smaller boat recently and had one surface close by - but no leaping. Loud breathing though!

We love to kayak, but with limited locations close by we have to travel and use outfitters.

Yep - kayaked Crystal River. Just magical! Such a beautiful river.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom