Most Reliable Laptop

Live Mail does not appear to have a provision for sub-folders and automatic filing of incomming mail. Suggestions, please.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm using Windows 7 and Live Mail, and it does allow you to create subfolders (right click on a folder and select New Folder...) and rules to automatically sort incoming mail into specific folders (look in Tools|Message Rules|Mail...).

Hmmm. My Acura is a flawless car, but I would prefer to pay a couple of bucks more for a Vaio laptop. At recent sale prices at our local Best Buy, they're almost a steal.

Even if a computer breakdown is easy to fix my own preference would be to get one that won't break in the first place.

Well, Acura /Sony is a good comparison too...:D

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I'm using Windows 7 and Live Mail, and it does allow you to create subfolders (right click on a folder and select New Folder...) and rules to automatically sort incoming mail into specific folders (look in Tools|Message Rules|Mail...).

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Is there any way to save e-mails and my contacts on my computer so that I can read them off-line?

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Is there any way to save e-mails and my contacts on my computer so that I can read them off-line?

As far as I can tell, Windows Live Mail works pretty much like Outlook and Outlook Express. The menu structure is slightly different, and you need to select "Show menu bar" from the Menus tab (or press Alt-M on the keyboard) to display the "Tools" menu item mentioned above. One minor annoyance is that Windows Live Mail isn't compatible with Outlook calendar, so if you receive emails with Outlook calendar attachments (.ics), they will not appear in the Windows Live Calendar.

I've provided my own (and my parents) tech support for about...10 years now I think. My latest adventure involved my desktop losing power momentarily when I plugged my laptops AC adapter into the power strip. It then went into an infinite windows configuration screen, where it would go to step 3 of the process, then reboot. :mad:

Had to create a rescue disk on my laptop, try a few system restores (which failed), then found a solution which told me the configuration file to delete through the DOS interface of the recovery disk I made. Apparently the configuration file can sometimes get corrupted, and cannot be restored through a system restore.

Most problems can be fixed with system restore/doing things through the DOS interface/cleaning up viruses/spyware. At absolute most, the company may have to swap your hard drive for you. That is why warranty plans usually make the computer companies a lot of money.

To those who want to buy my Lenovo, I'm not going to buy the new laptop for at least a month. At that point I might sell this one or put it on ebay. It is a Lenovo 3000 N200, 1.7ish Ghz, has 1 MB RAM, 15.4 in. monitor, fingerprint scanner, 100 GB harddrive I think.

:)OP:

To save $ on the extended warranty, I use my American Express Card. It extends the Mfg. warranty by one year. I think for AE, it's a maximum of $ 1K.

I've used AE on my Compaq. computer. Received 2 power cords. And 1 battery under the "extra 1 year added warranty throught AE.

My understanding is other credit cards offer this feature also.

Back
Top Bottom