Join Early Retirement Today

Most Unbelievable thing a date has ever said to you.........
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Anyone remember dating? I have a bunch of them, I guess I was scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of the women I dated:

1)One time, I took a girl I was dating to a sports bar. We ordered food, and the waitress asked if we wanted any condiments. My date said: "I didn't know you guys sold birth control stuff here!?

2)I asked a girl out in my anthropology class in college. On our first date, she says: "I know all you want from me is sex, should we just GET IT OVER WITH"??

I'll think of a few more and try to post them..............I think this thread could be fun........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #2

It wasn't said to me, but when I was about 20 I went on a date encouraged by a mutual friend who told me she wanted to go out with me. Once I finally mustered to courage to ask her out, we did the dinner and a movie thing.

I asked the mutual friend what she thought about the date and she said, "He's really nice, but he drives too slow."

Didn't know that was a deal breaker.

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
It wasn't said to me, but when I was about 20 I went on a date encouraged by a mutual friend who told me she wanted to go out with me. Once I finally mustered to courage to ask her out, we did the dinner and a movie thing.

I asked the mutual friend what she thought about the date and she said, "He's really nice, but he drives too slow."

Didn't know that was a deal breaker.

That was weird..........

Maybe it was really: "He MOVES too slow"...........

Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

That's not weird . I went on a date years ago with a guy who lived in NYC so he did not drive a lot and rented a car for our date . That was the scariest ride I ever had . I was ready to ask him to pull over so I could drive .
Old 05-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
2)I asked a girl out in my anthropology class in college. On our first date, she says: "I know all you want from me is sex, should we just GET IT OVER WITH"??
Well, did you?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
That's not weird . I went on a date years ago with a guy who lived in NYC so he did not drive a lot and rented a car for our date . That was the scariest ride I ever had . I was ready to ask him to pull over so I could drive .
I still think it's weird in my case. Driving like a maniac and making your passengers fear for their lives is a little different than someone merely not speeding.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Well, did you?
A wise man never tells............

Old 05-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Forget the candles and wine, get at it! I like a romantic woman too.

Ha
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
A wise man never tells............

Translated to mean he said No and the woman went on to become the governor of Alaska .
Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Translated to mean he said No and the woman went on to become the governor of Alaska .

Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I went on only one formal date in my entire life. I sealed the deal before the date was over. Courtship is not my forte.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
Full time employment: Posting here.

Well, this is Texas after all. Once I had a date with a "cowboy." He came to pick me up in his step-side pickup and without going into detail I will say that he was "less than polished." As we drove off into the sunset, I sat hugging the passenger door. He slapped the seat between us and said romantically, "C'mon over here lil' gal."

Swoon.

That was also our last date. The End.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

I don't really remember an 'unbelievable' thing a date has said to me...however I do remember the kissing. One or two of those guys...not so good.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Ok..I did think of one thing that was said, but it was a couple of years after dating a particular guy.

Back in the 'daze', I lived in a rural area so there was not much for people to do on dates. Mostly riding around, grab a burger, maybe see a movie and then go 'parkin'.

I dated this guy for a few months then the relationship fizzled out. A couple of years later I saw him again and congratulated him on his marriage and the fact that he would soon be a daddy.

He sighed, then said "Yeah, she's short, so she was easier to go parkin' with."

Darn my 5' 7" frame anyhow....
Old 05-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I asked a very tall girl out once. She was 6'2", and liked to wear heels, making her 6'5". We went out to dinner, and in the middle of it, she says: "I'm having a nice time, its not often a guy will go out with an AMAZON WOMAN"!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #16

Not an unbelievable thing, when but I was on my first date with DW, she said "Wow, you don't seem like an engineer"!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Being told, "I've taken you out for 3 dates and paid for everything. When are you going to hold up your end of the deal?" Needless to say, I told him if I'd realized the dates were just "trade" for sex, I'd have advised him to find himself a hooker.

The ironic thing is, I was really starting to fall for him, and he ruined everything with that insulting remark. I am not a "deal" one "closes."

Amethyst
Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
The ironic thing is, I was really starting to fall for him, and he ruined everything with that insulting remark. I am not a "deal" one "closes."
Better you found out earlier than later, no?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

yes.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #20

Have you ever heard of free love?