9 p.m. EST 4 26.67%
10 p.m. EST 4 26.67%
11 p.m. EST 3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Most Users Ever
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe

Most Users Ever

Every time I visit this site I am given the number of "currently active users" and am reminded that -- the "most users ever online" occurred on 8/25/07 at 9:53 p.m. This got me thinking it might be fun to try to beat this record by organizing an intentional log-in (I guess I don't have much other pressing business!). Though somewhat artificial, it would be nice to "feel" the presence of all of you at one time!

Attached is a poll - vote for the (i) best day and (ii) best time on that day for going online and trying to beat the record. Depending on results, I will post a time and date for our world record attempt
rcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
Administrator

Every other Thursday in odd numbered months, at 11:23 PM GMT, but only if the wind is blowing out of the south, and never during leap years.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsj View Post
Every time I visit this site I am given the number of "currently active users" and am reminded that -- the "most users ever online" occurred on 8/25/07 at 9:53 p.m. This got me thinking it might be fun to try to beat this record by organizing an intentional log-in (I guess I don't have much other pressing business!). Though somewhat artificial, it would be nice to "feel" the presence of all of you at one time!

Attached is a poll - vote for the (i) best day and (ii) best time on that day for going online and trying to beat the record. Depending on results, I will post a time and date for our world record attempt
Uhh... so you want to stress the bandwidth of the system as much as possible to see if it breaks? Maybe not such a good idea.

Recognizing the harmless and innocent spirit of your proposal, I suggest we find other ways to feel the love.

Maybe we can find a date to all hum Kumbaya at the same time?

(I know you mean this in a lighthearted way, but the inadvertent flooding of a server can have unpleasant consequences. Maybe Andy can shed more light.)

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

No doubt the best time would be during the week while most of the users here are at WORK...
Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

My position is the same as Rich's.
cantlogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsj View Post

If this is what you would want to do in your free time, maybe you shouldn't retire early (if ever).

You don't pull the legs off of ants too do you?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Perhaps you should count the number of cars that pass in front of your house each day of the week. That should keep you occupied for awhile.