Motor Bikes

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When I was about 13 I had a 26 inch Schwinn with a lawnmower motor that was a ball to ride. I just saw an interesting article in Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools about a kit to make something similar for urban commuting at 250 MPG: http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001377.php (can someone remind me how to turn a word or phrase into a link -- I did it once but can't rememember how).

Anybody tried something like this? Are scooters a better deal?

Attachments

• vrobin.jpg
    vrobin.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 93
Motor vehicles belong in the street. Therefore you want something that will keep up with traffic safely. Scooters push it, and also they have those dangerous small wheels. Plus, they are even more girly than a Miata.

I would look at a small  displacement motorcycle. I don't know what is around now; when I was a kid I had a  BSA 125. I could get to my job on city streets without any freeways. Still, I didn't like it much and eventually replaced it with a used car.

Lots of bike enthusiasts on this forum who could make informed suggestions.

Ha

i think that looks sweet. but for the price,eh....

i'd just as well get somethig sweet for $1k, like a used enduro (street legal dirt bike)

BUT, if i had 600 to spare, i'd buy that thing just to check it out! looks neet.

donheff said:
(can someone remind me how to turn a word or phrase into a link -- I did it once but can't rememember how).

I think I got it by looking at one someone else's post. You use the url tag like an href tag. So for example you can click here to go back to the top of this thread. But will I remember it the next time I need to do it?

Back
Top Bottom