Movie - Old Fashioned - Valentine's Day 2015

nvestysly

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW and I went to a movie theater today to see Old Fashioned. It's an independent film with limited release so it's not easy to find this movie.

This movie was a good show for us - particularly on Valentine's Day since it's a love story (with some twists). Yes, some will say it's on the corny side and Old Fashioned certainly hasn't received the publicity that Fifty Shades of Grey has seen but Old Fashioned is much more my to my liking compared to Fifty Shades.

Old Fashioned was written and directed by Rik Swartzwelder. Rik also stars in the film as the male lead character. The actors are relative unknowns so this was definitely a small-scale, indie film that has potential to do well in theaters and in DVD release.

I typically root for the underdog so my vote for this Valentine's Day is Old Fashioned.

Here's a link to the Old Fashioned web site:

Old Fashioned | In Theaters Now

Here's a review from the Roger Ebert web site:

Old Fashioned Movie Review & Film Summary (2015) | Roger Ebert

DW and I went out to diner and then a movie. It was between The Theory of Everything, The Imitation Game and Fifty Shades of Grey. We couldn't agree so we settled it with a couple coin flips. The Theory of Everything was the first movie eliminated.

We ended up going to Fifty Shades of Grey. DW had read the book, I have not. Interesting movie.

Back
Top Bottom