Movies and Entertainment Costs?

This thread reminds me how much our entertainment budget has dropped since having an infant in the house for the last 9 months.

Different part of life than most of you, but still rings true. We haven't been to the movies in just about... 9 months. :)

This thread reminds me how much our entertainment budget has dropped since having an infant in the house for the last 9 months.

Different part of life than most of you, but still rings true. We haven't been to the movies in just about... 9 months. :)
Don't worry. Disney will help that. Better start saving now.:)

I can't remember the figures, but if you want sticker shock, try going to a Cowboys game. The cost of tickets, parking and price of a beer, puts it way out of reach of what I'm willing to spend and is also indicative of why the real fans don't attend their home games.

Parking alone at JerryWorld is $60-75. The ticket prices are so ridiculous I wont even get into it. If you want season tickets, you have to buy a seat license as well which is in the tens of thousands of $$. 2 years ago, my brother and I flew to Pittsburgh, got a rental car and paid for a hotel. All of that plus 2 tickets to the Steelers game was cheaper than staying in Dallas and going to a Cowboy game.

imoldernu, have I got a deal for you. I was just on Stubhub checling out NFL AFC Championship game tickets. The cheapest were $209 but if you wanted to splurge it would be $1,654 for the most expensive ticket.

$1,654... x2 =$3308....
Perhaps for our February outing... Will discuss w/DW... Believe she was planning early bird luncheon at our House of Hunan Chinese Restaurant...

Thank you...:dance: Great to have an alternative.....

pb4uski said:
imoldernu, have I got a deal for you. I was just on Stubhub checling out NFL AFC Championship game tickets. The cheapest were $209 but if you wanted to splurge it would be $1,654 for the most expensive ticket.

I personally would get more entertainment from taking the Ravens plus 9 for $1654 on a bet, sit at home and watch it, than I would paying for that seat! :)

I live alone (with a dog) and spend plenty of time watching TV at home. Once or twice a month I like to get dressed nicely and go out to some venue, usually with a like-minded cousin. I have subscriptions to the Pittsburgh Opera, the Symphony and a theater group. The tickets cost me about $1500 a year. We invariably treat ourselves to a cocktail and dinner someplace nice after (cousin is retired and lives alone, too...well not really, she has four cats and a dog). I go to the movies maybe a half a dozen times a year, usually for the bargain matinee.

I went to Ireland in October with the theater group for the Dublin Theater Festival, and it was great fun to go with a small group of folks who enjoy live theater, historical sites and museums. I used to go every other year to NYC for four or five days to see some shows but have not done so recently. I'll have to put this back on the agenda when I retire next year.

Back
Top Bottom