Join Early Retirement Today

Movies. Credit cards. Customers.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Movies. Credit cards. Customers.

All this and salty language too!

Theater VP: Go F*** Yourself, Here are Directions To Another Theater - The Consumerist

Every now and again its refreshing to express oneself - not professional, but cathartic.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Whoa there!! Someone needs to dust off that old Tom Peters classic, "In Search of Excellence."
That second email was better, but still lame.
And where the F... are those free tickets?

Frankly, I think this was just a ploy by the Vice Pres to get hired by Toyota...

Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hilarious--that is the snottiest complaint letter; the response is probably many managers' dreams. She almost deserved it.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick View Post
Whoa there!! Someone needs to dust off that old Tom Peters classic, "In Search of Excellence."
That second email was better, but still lame.
And where the F... are those free tickets?

Frankly, I think this was just a ploy by the Vice Pres to get hired by Toyota...

Exactly my thought, "And where the F...are those free tickets?" That would be the LEAST Steven could do.
Oh, h*ll, yes! How many times in over 30 years in sales and sales management did I want to really blast a customer, BUT do it? Good grief, no! Suicide. What a fool Steven is...and totally lacking in self-control. Demote this guy for sure.
If I were her, h*ll would be freezing over before I went back to Steven's theatre.
And stopping the movie mid-stream to catch people who didn't pay...bad form.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

The theater is located in a st.paul suburb. Whatever happened to "Minnesota Nice"?
Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

VP Steven's first email was fantastic! His 2nd, apologetic one was pathetic. Sarah needs to get a life and be banned from public venues forever. JMHO.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
VP Steven's first email was fantastic! His 2nd, apologetic one was pathetic. Sarah needs to get a life and be banned from public venues forever. JMHO.

So fantastic that Steven's letter ends up on the internet for all to see--plus, everyone knows his name and his location now?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #8

I can't fathom that Steven still works for that or any other company in the area.

While her letter was sarcastic, it was a legitimate complaint. The theater has the right not to accept cards, but they should welcome customer comments. Checking for cheats in the middle of a movie is just plain stupid. For me it is like saying 'We lost track of who is suppose to be in here, and as all of you look like cheats and thieves, you will have to prove to us you belong!'

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote