Originally Posted by easysurfer
Thanks for the link. I tried in the terminal screen but no go. Got some type of dependency error. That's okay as I'm not quite ready to jump ship anytime soon to a different OS.
That's strange. I'm running Ubuntu 14.10. This is how I installed Maxthon using the gui.
1. I surfed to the Maxthon website.
2. Clicked on free download.
3. Selected 64-bit.deb.
4. Waited for the download to finish.
5. When finished, navigated to my download directory using the mouse.
6. Double clicked on the 64-bit.deb file.
7. The Ubuntu Software Center automatically started and showed me the information on Maxthon.
8. Clicked on the install button.
9. Entered my password when prompted and Maxthon installed. No shell needed, although the shell is a lot faster.
To run Maxthon, I clicked the Dash button, and type max. The Maxthon icon showed up, I clicked it and Maxthon was running.
Not sure why the process wouldn't be similar using Mint.