Munich in November

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looks like I may be in Munich the second week of November. I've never been. Anyone got any suggestions for things to do and see? :) :)

Go see the Residenz (palace), Englisher Gartens (if it isn't too cold), the somewhat cheesy Hofbrauhaus, and definately make the trip to Kloster Andechs (just outside Munich at the foothills of the Alps).

Should be a lot of fun, especially if you like pork and beer. I enjoyed Munich, but I thought Koln was more interesting and Bamberg was more, well, heartbreaking to leave.

Deutsches Musuem - one of the world's premier science museums
Great art museums, Frauenkirche off the Marianplatz

I imagine Andechs is better if your ride your bike there in the summer.  It's famous for beer and cheese.

You could head out of town to the castle of Neuschwanstein or do a little skiing.

Public transportation is superb, so getting around should be cheap.

I'm not sure a tourist could really get the feel of Bayrische Gemuetlichkeit in November though, because passing the time talking to friends in a summer beer garden is what you do in Muenchen.

Yeah, but he'll just have to make do and hope for an unseasonably warm day. I do have to agree that biergartens make the summer plane fares to Germany worth ponying up for.

If you get a chance, head north to Freising (about 30 min by train).....
In my opinion, the town is so cute, it'll make you want to puke!
I stayed at a nice and inexpensive Guesthouse and would commute to see Munich.

Freising is also home to the World's oldest brewery: Weihenstephaner
they have tours of this brewery and nice restaurant/cellar....

If I can figure out how to post images, I'll share some funny ones from my trip a few years ago...

scrood

In the morning you may enjoy the "Viktualienmarkt" = food market.
All kinds of good food to enjoy as well as to eat open air - even in November.

((^+^)) SG said:
Looks like I may be in Munich the second week of November. I've never been. Anyone got any suggestions for things to do and see? :) :)

If you're even slightly into cars, call BMW North America and ask for a factory tour. I'm FREAKIN NUTS about cars and this was the coolest tour I've ever seen. They take you into the plant where they make the 3 series and take you from rolled steel to the testing of completed cars. It's free and includes a tour of the BMW museum.

scrood said:
If you get a chance, head north to Freising (about 30 min by train).....
In my opinion, the town is so cute, it'll make you want to puke!
I stayed at a nice and inexpensive Guesthouse and would commute to see Munich.

Freising is also home to the World's oldest brewery: Weihenstephaner
they have tours of this brewery and nice restaurant/cellar....

If I can figure out how to post images, I'll share some funny ones from my trip a few years ago...

scrood

Weihenstephaner has been in business since the year 1040. Not a typo. They are obviouslly doing something right.

A few years ago, we spent several days in that vicinity, and did some major research into their quality control. They passed the taste test!

While you are there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom