Music - Anybody remember this?

Taj Mahal was a favorite of mine also. I was lucky enough to see him in concert at the Guthrie theater in Minneapolis.

Wow! Thinker25, thanks for those, I was unaware of those guys.

All of these got me thinking about all the groups I've seen in concert so I tried to come up with a list:

The Association
Guess Who (Originally Chad Allen and the Reflections from Winnipeg Manitoba they played a couple of dances in Cavalier for the car club I was in)
The Who (7 times)
Jefferson Airplane
Grateful Dead (7 times)
BB King
Cream
Sweetwater
Johnny Winter
Edgar Winter
America
Moody Blues
The Doors
Taj Mahal
10 Years After
Savoy Brown
Fleetwood Mac
Country Joe and the Fish
Steppenwolf
Canned Heat
Big Brother & the Holding Company with Janis Joplin
Howlin’ Wolf
Joe Cocker
Flamin' Groovies (an obscure San Francisco group from about 1968)
Youngbloods

All of these got me thinking about all the groups I've seen in concert so I tried to come up with a list:

Wow! Unfortunately, I was among the concert-avoidance crowd... as in the Sinatra (Anka) song: "Regrets? I have a few."

Wow! Thinker25, thanks for those, I was unaware of those guys.

Glad you like them. Jason & New Blood have a couple of CDs out - Todd has a new CD but I think it's not available yet.

The Association
Guess Who (Originally Chad Allen and the Reflections from Winnipeg Manitoba they played a couple of dances in Cavalier for the car club I was in)
The Who (7 times)
Jefferson Airplane
Grateful Dead (7 times)
BB King
Cream
Sweetwater
Johnny Winter
Edgar Winter
America
Moody Blues
The Doors
Taj Mahal
10 Years After
Savoy Brown
Fleetwood Mac
Country Joe and the Fish
Steppenwolf
Canned Heat
Big Brother & the Holding Company with Janis Joplin
Howlin’ Wolf
Joe Cocker
Flamin' Groovies (an obscure San Francisco group from about 1968)
Youngbloods

I am impressed by your list. Not so much for the groups you have seen, but that you can remember. Recently I was talking to my sister and she mentioned the time we went to see Shawn Phillips in concert. I have no recollection of ever seeing Shawn Phillips. :blush:

Too many to remember...

Steppenwolf, Chicago, Humble Pie, Grand Funk Railroad, Bloodrock, King Crimson, ELP, Gentle Giant, Allman Bros, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wet Willie, Earl Scruggs Revue, John Hartford, Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, Dweezil Zappa, Al DiMeola, Lee Ritenour, Jr. Brown, Eric Johnson, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Bob Seger, Edgar Winter (both White Trash and the "Frankenstein" band), Little Feat, Steve Miller, Jimmy Buffett, B.B. King, Santana, Jeff Beck, Steely Dan, John Prine, Robert Earl Keen, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, Roy Buchanan, Billy Cobham, Brewer and Shipley, Eagles, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Mac Davis, Mahogany Rush, Outlaws, Foghat, Steve Vai, Jean-Luc Ponty, McKendree Spring, Dr. John, Larry Coryell, Aerosmith, CSN, CSNY, Stills and Young...

Back
Top Bottom