Music Favorites

Thanks for the memories.

Ritchie Blackmore's guitar and Ronnie James Dio vocals are amazing. On there own I love their work, together was amazing.

When DW and I were dating in the early 70s we often went to concerts in Hershey, PA. We saw an amazing example of the talent around that time: Queen(2), Urhia Heep, Kiss, Rush(3), Blue Oyster Cult, Manfred Mann, ZZ Top, and so many other common names. Truly a great experience, oh yeah, I got the girl too..

Uriha Heep: they stopped to announced Nixon's resignation.

Kiss: we had no idea of the costumes and makeup. They had just released their first album. I couldn't look at Gene.

Later in KC we saw REO Speedwagon play in the K(79?) at Summer jam. They had to shut the show down because of a tornado warning. Tried to get people to evacuate the stands, of course nobody did. Eventually the storm cleared and they come back with "Riding the Storm Out" about half the crowd thought it was special effects.

Our last great concert was The Stones at Arrowhead in 2015. Awesome show.

Love this one:

Mine are all over the place
Pasacaglia and Fugue in C minor-Bach
Kryptonite-3 Doors Down
Southern Cross-CS&N
I am Australia-The Seekers
I am I Said-Neil Diamond
To keep each Other Warm Manilow
Key Largo-Bertie Higgins
The Downeaster Alexa-Billy Joel
Fins-Jimmy Buffett

1) Bee Gees
2) Bee Gees
3) Bee Gees
4) Genesis
5) Phil Collins
6) Peter Gabriel
7) Pink Floyd

Too limiting to reply as I have music loves in many decades. Last decade left me scratching my head

I've changed my mind. Now, I choose the entire oeuvre of Bhad Bhabie. Particularly the transcendent beauty of her debut effort - "These Heaux". It's a must listen. The lush orchestral accompaniment will render you speechless, as will her amazing three note range. And, of course, the lyrics speak to humankind's highest dreams and aspirations. It leaves me eternally grateful to know that such talent exists in our world.

1) Bee Gees
2) Bee Gees
3) Bee Gees

I watched the Bee Gees live on their first Melbourne TV appearance - said "They'll never make it" - OK, so a talent scout I ain't. :LOL:

Female vocalists - Linda Ronstadt, Carly Simon, Barbara Streisand
Group - Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, U2
Male vocalists - Billy Joel, Elton John, Frank Sinatra

Couldn't quite stick to the format, but offer:

Female vocalists - Dido, Jewel, Sarah MacLachlan, Olivia Newton John
Male vocalists - Jackson Brown, Gordon Lightfoot, Peter Gabriel
Groups - Pink Floyd, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Yes
Duos - Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkel, Heart

Instead of retyping I would say most of the favorites of Gumby and Bamaman, with a smattering of the favorites in the various other posts. Mostly day-to-day I listen to jazz. Like Midpack I have about 3,300 songs in my iTunes...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom