Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Celebrate this posting landmark the RIGHT way...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...

What is going on with the system? When I first started reading this thread Dex's OP show #4999. Now it shows #5006.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
What is going on with the system? When I first started reading this thread Dex's OP show #4999. Now it shows #5006.
I think you misread. Looking at his posts here I see his "this is my 4,999th post" is seven back from his current count.

Note: Of course once Dex posts again the above count will be incorrect...
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

^And your post count is 4049, but when you post again it will show 4050. It's called "addition". There is a difference between "post count" and "post number".
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I think you misread. Looking at his posts here I see his "this is my 4,999th post" is seven back from his current count.

Note: Of course once Dex posts again the above count will be incorrect...
Yeah, I see that my posts all show the same (current) number. I can't follow your link - is there some way to actually confirm what post is your 1000th or 5000th or whatever? Dex has blown by 5000. Are we ever going to know which was his real 5000th? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edit: what does the fact that a number of us are actually discussing something this goofy say about the effects of ER on the mind?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Dex has blown by 5000. Are we ever going to know which was his real 5000th? Inquiring minds want to know.
It's this one: http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ml#post1031339

Nothing in the forum software actually captures any posting milestone. The reason I know it was #5,000 for Dex is by taking a look at all his posts by clicking on his user name, then selecting "find more posts by Dex" (that was the broken link in my prior post). Looking at that list I can see his comment about his 4,999th post, which would mean the one I linked above was his 5,000th.

Maybe more info than your inquiring mind wanted to know, but....
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yeah, I see that my posts all show the same (current) number. I can't follow your link - is there some way to actually confirm what post is your 1000th or 5000th or whatever? Dex has blown by 5000. Are we ever going to know which was his real 5000th? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edit: what does the fact that a number of us are actually discussing something this goofy say about the effects of ER on the mind?
Here's some remedial assistance for all this higher math we are performing...I can almost hear Jeff Foxworthy's voice in the background

Math Grade Five Worksheets! Fifth Grade Worksheets! 5th Grade!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #28

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. My mind is nerfectly pormal.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Dex's 4000th post thread:

06-12-2010, 07:44 PM #1 dex
Give me a forum ...

I don't have anything to say.

What do you want to know?

Similar to the 5000th post thread. Is there a pattern here?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Nothing much going on in the world beyond this. Only regime change in Egypt, Angela Merkel attempting massive change in the EU structure, the US contuing into bankruptcy, crude over $100, frothy stock market...

But heh, big deal! Just hang out here and maintain a beautifully placid mind.

Ha
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #31
Gone but not forgotten

So Dex has never returned to judge the replies . This reminds me of when I entered "The name Rin Tin Tin's puppy contest " . I thought for days and finally came up with in my mind the perfect name "Tinny " .I filled in the ballot and took it to my mail box . I was sure I was going to be a winner of the ten speed bike which would make all my friends green with jealousy . I waited ,no bike but the worst most crushing blow was no promised " Rin Tin Tin Ring " which all who entered would receive . I was crushed and this probably lead to my need for therapy later in life . Gary did give me his superman ring but it wasn't the same .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

When I was 7 1/2 and had just finished 3rd grade, I saw an ad in the back of one of my mother's science fiction magazines. The ad promised to send me an emerald, a ruby, and a diamond if I sent them $1.00, which was about 4 weeks' allowance for me back then (plus the cost of the stamp!). I sent a nice note telling them how old I was and how much I was looking forward to receiving my gems. The response was some nasty little pebbles in a box, and a condescending letter about the pebbles that even I knew was a bait-and-switch. I am very fortunate that this dismal experience didn't ruin me forever, even though I did have to wait more than 20 more years to get real gemstones. So I know how you feel, Moe.

Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I waited ,no bike but the worst most crushing blow was no promised " Rin Tin Tin Ring " which all who entered would receive . I was crushed and this probably lead to my need for therapy later in life . .
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #33
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
So I know how you feel, Moe.

Amethyst

Thanks Amethyst ! Luckily Quaker Puffed Oats renewed my belief in humans . I did receive my deeds for my square inches of Yukon Territory courtesy of Sgt. Preston and I'm visiting my land in May !
Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
So Dex has never returned to judge the replies .
Post 15.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #35
Gone but not forgotten

Any consolation prizes ? Like Bollinger bands ! We use them at the gym for strength training .