My 9000th post, and a goodbye from posting.......

One more post Dawg, 4000! Don't leave!!

Weren't you Dawg54 for a while there, or am I living in the future?

Well here you go........number 4,000!
img_838261_0_7dc3c6ad2c9a0df7571c72acc5ec79b2.gif

54 represented my current b'day so to keep the mod's from having to change it every year, I decided to just go with 52 which was my age when I retired. That's all folks. No more post from me!!! Not until after my nap.
img_838261_1_1e9ececca0563425da56b89cd59ac17c.jpg

I'll miss FD too but 9K posts is a lot of time spent online and not on one's family or work--better to spend that time with his wife/kids/clients (in that order). So good luck, FD!
Well, let's see...this is post # 3,459 for me, I've had 5,368 views on my profile and 347 thank yous...(15 were thank yous and the rest were OMG!).

Maybe I've exceeded my quota.......:angel:

Awww:blush:. At one time we had a similar post count. I guess I'm your typical southern boy, a little slow. :blink:

Nah, I just talk a lot! :2funny:

Do you suppose FD left because he didn't want to stick around and see my post count exceed his? :D

Well, let's see...this is post # 3,459 for me, I've had 5,368 views on my profile and 347 thank yous...(15 were thank yous and the rest were OMG!).

Maybe I've exceeded my quota.......:angel:

Don't you even THINK about leaving!!!

Nah, I just talk a lot! :2funny:

Do you suppose FD left because he didn't want to stick around and see my post count exceed his? :D

Perhaps! BTW, I noticed you're getting close to the big 100 countdown. How about starting a special thread so we can enjoy the experience together?

Perhaps! BTW, I noticed you're getting close to the big 100 countdown. How about starting a special thread so we can enjoy the experience together?

I'm not sure what I'd say in it! Today I could say,

"Well, today I have 108 days left. I trained my replacement for another hour this morning, and gave her the rest of my paper files. I didn't give her some of the reports she needs because I don't want to bury her in an avalanche of stuff. I shredded some stuff and now have only about an inch of paper files, all personal stuff like paycheck stubs and forms from personnel and so on, that I will take with me when I go. I am in terror that something will come up and all my files are in other peoples' offices. Also, my office is becoming more and more impersonal and surreal. Even the wallpaper on my computer desktop is one of the defaults.

At the end of the day I brought home the stuffed toy that Frank caught for me at the Orpheus Ball, Mardi Gras 2003. Don't want to forget that! Brought the many strands of beads wound about its neck, too. I also brought home my herbal teabags which I seldom have time to drink at work. I am slowly reducing my personal items in the office."

But then, Monday would sound pretty similar... There's a tremendous amount of this sort of thing to do, to dismantle everything and I have plenty left to do.

Last edited:
Maybe we should have a contest to guess why Finance Dude is leaving ? I already mentioned my Sarah P. theory or it could be because his work is cracking down on non work related Internet usage or he is having a s-- change so he would not be a Dude anymore . He'd be a dudette ? Anyway enter your best guesses and the hall monitors ( the moderators ) will supply a suitable prize like a week in Texas in August .

I'm not sure what I'd say in it!

I have a better idea, W2R needs to pick a new name in 108 (and counting) days. I think we need a thread to seriously consider her options. Debate the merits (we don't debate demerits here), and probably run a poll or two or three to select the final winner.

Hall Monitors are free to voice their opinions.

Wheee! is not an option.

-- Rita

Maybe we should have a contest to guess why Finance Dude is leaving ? I already mentioned my Sarah P. theory or it could be because his work is cracking down on non work related Internet usage or he is having a s-- change so he would not be a Dude anymore . He'd be a dudette ?

Maybe FD *is* Sarah P? Who knows out there in the inter-webs? And now she has to get back and hit the campaign trail, too busy to post. You know, the "dude" thing was just to throw us off.
Anyway enter your best guesses and the hall monitors ( the moderators ) will supply a suitable prize like a week in Texas in August .

That was hopefully bad enough to lose ;)

Hope FD (SP? it even rhymes...) pops in and posts from time to time.

-ERD50

That's nonsense FD, 9,000 is sort of arbitrary - pedestrian. Wouldn't 10,000 have much more panache?

I can think of 2 reasons, if one doesn't buy FD self-proclaimed reason that he ran out of things to say:

1) FD felt postings in this forum were getting a bit dull, and wanted to incite some excitement.

2) The Dow crossed the 9000 benchmark, which was also his post count. FD's recent viewpoint on the stock market appeared a bit bearish,and he would post again if the Dow crossed 9000 on the way down. If so, being a bull, I am torn between seeing him go and seeing the Dow crashes again. No, FD, you should take on a different challenge: to outpost the Dow as it climbs! I would cheer you on.

FD is to the right of me on the political scale, but I miss his presence as a counterweight to the liberals here. Yes, even as the soapbox is already closed.

About LZG4N's disappearance, being a new member here, some time ago I went and read his old posts, and found that he deleted his photos stored on an external site that he linked to. That meant a deliberate action on his part. That is sad. Why LZ? Why?

Seems to me the easy solution is for one of the mods to go change FDs post count back to 1000 or so.

What gives FD:confused: That sucks.

I fell off of the planet for a while, too. But I sorely miss the witty banter... and stuff.

I have a better idea, W2R needs to pick a new name in 108 (and counting) days. I think we need a thread to seriously consider her options. Debate the merits (we don't debate demerits here), and probably run a poll or two or three to select the final winner.

Hall Monitors are free to voice their opinions.

Wheee! is not an option.

-- Rita

How about "GotWhatIWanted"

Back
Top Bottom