My buyer showed up to closing

Marquette

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So, we're house-free now... I just need to keep telling myself that it's worth sticking around here until the fall. My company is offering me 12 weeks pay to not leave before then.

Well.... congrats on the house...

As for the stay bonus.... how long do you have to 'stay'?

If you get 3 months for working 3 months.. sounds fair to me...

Well.... congrats on the house...

As for the stay bonus.... how long do you have to 'stay'?

If you get 3 months for working 3 months.. sounds fair to me...

Until the completion or cancellation of a certain project which is expected to be November 1st but they can enact a one-time 60-day extension. If the project is cancelled or if I accept another position in the company before the completion of the project, then the bonus will be prorated to that point.

Given the size of the bonus, it is very much worth sticking around. However, it's hard to fight the emotional feeling of being free to move about the country.

The company is trying to go through some cost-saving measures now. If it weren't for the fact that it'd paint a big 'hey, fire me' target on my forehead, I've thought about going to my director and offering an extended transition (2 months) in exchange for a prorated portion of the bonus now. The net effect for them is that they save quite a bit, but they don't know that since they don't know I'm bailing in in the fall.

So, where are you off to? Leaving the cities?

I have no idea and yes!

I'm talking to one company about a potential 32 hour a week 80-100% remote work position. I may also be able to work out either 100% remote work with my current job or possibly 100% remote for 2-3 months a year. We use IP phones at work and my group is accustomed to working remotely, so all I need is a reliable internet connection.

If either of those options work out then we might just hop in an airstream and boondock around for a while.

Otherwise, we'll go from there. I have a friend offering me a job in New Zealand.... or we'll just go to the first place I can line up work

Back
Top Bottom