My current favorite Movie- Romantic and Fun for dreamers (like us)!!!!

Travelfreek

Recycles dryer sheets
So I'm watching Serendipity right now! I forgot how much this movie brings out the dreaming and adventure in the human spirit! This movie combines fun,
happiness, NYC armchair tour, love, romance, comedy and real life. If you haven't seen it, indulge yourself!

So I'm watching Serendipity right now! I forgot how much this movie brings out the dreaming and adventure in the human spirit! This movie combines fun,
happiness, NYC armchair tour, love, romance, comedy and real life. If you haven't seen it, indulge yourself!

Thanks for that - I have not heard of it. Will give it a try (especially if it is available free at AmazonPrime... :D)

The full movie is on YouTube.

I might watch it sometime, though I am not into rom-com.

Good rom-coms are just one of my little secret vices :smitten: -- don't know how this one got past me! Besides Youtube, is it also on Amazon or Netflix, Travelfreek?

Not available on Amazon Prime. Only available on DVD at Netflix.

I taped it from HBO. (Yes we still have cable channels). It's worth buying in my opinion. I actually bought it for $5 a few years ago at Barnes & Noble but gave that copy to my son who lives in SoCal. It's a 2001 movie. I love it year round but during the holidays even more!
That's amazing that it's on YouTube!

Last edited:
Thanks--I have it set to record (I'm the other person who still has cable and HBO :)).

Oooh! Our library has it; I just put it on hold to pick up tomorrow.

I am the third person with cable but my all time favorite romantic movie is "Love Actually "

I am the third person with cable but my all time favorite romantic movie is "Love Actually "

I watched it for like 20 minutes and gave up. I wonder if I am missing out?

Hmm... I am one of only two males who respond to this thread. The other males who stumble across this thread must be afraid of being associated with chick flicks, I guess.

Anyway, I do not watch much movie anymore, but out of curiosity checked this DVD out of the local library to bring up to my boondocks home to watch with my wife, as there's no Internet up there for entertainment.

I have to say that in the romantic movie genre, I much prefer "Sleepless in Seattle" to this movie. The former is more believable, and I thought the acting was better too.

Last edited:
DW loves John Cusack. I love Kate Beckinsale. We might actually sit down and watch Serendipity. Maybe not together, but still.

There are several good Rom-Coms out there. Cusack's been in a couple -- Must Love Dogs with a gorgeous Diane Lane. And Gross Pointe Blank where he plays a Hitman and goes back to his High School Reunion.

Anne Hathaway & Jake Gyllenhall in Love and other Drugs had some steamy scenes together.

The Notebook features Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling and some wonderful views around Charleston. Nick Cassavetes directed his Mom Gena Rowland to one of her better performances in that movie.

Also good are some of the recent films of Shakespeare's Comedies like Much Ado About Nothing (with a young Kate Beckensale), and the Academy Award winning Shakespeare in Love (with Gwyn Paltrow's boobies).

Chick Flicks or not, some of these are hot !!

DW loves John Cusack. I love Kate Beckinsale. We might actually sit down and watch Serendipity. Maybe not together, but still.

There are several good Rom-Coms out there. Cusack's been in a couple -- Must Love Dogs with a gorgeous Diane Lane. And Gross Pointe Blank where he plays a Hitman and goes back to his High School Reunion.

Anne Hathaway & Jake Gyllenhall in Love and other Drugs had some steamy scenes together.

The Notebook features Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling and some wonderful views around Charleston. Nick Cassavetes directed his Mom Gena Rowland to one of her better performances in that movie.

Also good are some of the recent films of Shakespeare's Comedies like Much Ado About Nothing (with a young Kate Beckensale), and the Academy Award winning Shakespeare in Love (with Gwyn Paltrow's boobies).

Chick Flicks or not, some of these are hot !!

I am not a fan of the rom-com generally. But Serendipity is one of the best IMHO.

Since you mentioned, I will say I found casting John Cusack opposite Kate Beckinsale and Diane Lane to be a more than a bit unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom