Join Early Retirement Today

My oops moment...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My oops moment...

What's your oops moment?

My oops moment of the day...helping a niece with her computer and needed to download sofware which takes 2 hours to download. Okay..so I do the download and install..only to realize I downloaded the wrong language -- German instead of English. Oops! Now I gotta try again .
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

My oops moments are a'plenty....

For instance, when I work out, I go after it like I'm in my 20's. Afterwards, oops....owie....I'm in my 50's.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The other day, I left a voice mail msg for my lawn guy and gave him my old WORK phone number instead of my home number. I've been retired for 6 years. The lawn guy's phone prefix was the same as my old work number prefix and I think my brain had a spasm when it saw that prefix.
happy2bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bretired View Post
The other day, I left a voice mail msg for my lawn guy and gave him my old WORK phone number instead of my home number. I've been retired for 6 years. The lawn guy's phone prefix was the same as my old work number prefix and I think my brain had a spasm when it saw that prefix.
That's funny.

I think I've pretty much tried to block out old work numbers from my memory.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

When I was still working I had a two pairs of nice loafers, one pair of black and one pair of brown. I usually dressed without turning on the bedroom or closet lights so I wouldn't wake DW. I walked into work that morning, well you guessed it, wearing one black loafer and one brown. OOPS

Since this was a small town without many stores I raced over to WM and purchased a new pair of matching loafers. From that point on I turned on the closet light while dressing for work.
2soon2tell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

When I was working, for about six months I was commuting to the UK from the east coast. Typically, I would fly out Sunday night and arrive in the UK early Monday morning (~6 am) and then shower and change at Heathrow and then go in to work. Since I traveled on Sunday night, I dressed casually for comfort (jeans, sneakers, nice shirt).

As I was getting dressed for work one week I realized that I had forgot to pack my wingtips. All I had for shoes were the sneakers that I wore on the flight. Also, the shoe stores would not open until mid morning and I was due at work earlier than that.

So I ended up going to the client's offices in a suit, tie and sneakers! (and feeling like a bit of a fool).

Luckily they were good sports, we all had a good chuckle about it and then later in the morning I went out and bought a pair of shoes. Definitely the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned, but nice shoes nonetheless.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Waiting for someone at the airport, felt something odd at the bottom of my jeans leg. Looked down to see a bonus pair of underpants fall to the floor. Oops.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post

So I ended up going to the client's offices in a suit, tie and sneakers! (and feeling like a bit of a fool).

Luckily they were good sports, we all had a good chuckle about it and then later in the morning I went out and bought a pair of shoes. Definitely the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned, but nice shoes nonetheless.
At least they were not brown shoes. Unforgivable sin to wear brown shoes to a business appointment.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Waiting for someone at the airport, felt something odd at the bottom of my jeans leg. Looked down to see a bonus pair of underpants fall to the floor. Oops.
That's funny.

One time while w*rking, we had a clean up day so everyone came in wearing blue jeans/t-shirts to tidy up the office.

My effort carried over until the next day as there were lots of cleaning to do. So day 2, I dressed the same way, jeans/t-shirts. When, everyone else was dressed nicely, tie, suits. Reason for the clean up was one of the district bosses was visiting.

I felt a bit awkward, but what the heck, no one told me the cleaning was for the district boss' visit. The district boss was cool when he saw me. Didn't mention my underdressed appearance.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bretired View Post
A couple of times since I retired I have had a brain f@$t and answered the phone at home with my old workplace name. LOL
Old 03-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2soon2tell View Post
When I was still working I had a two pairs of nice loafers, one pair of black and one pair of brown. I usually dressed without turning on the bedroom or closet lights so I wouldn't wake DW. I walked into work that morning, well you guessed it, wearing one black loafer and one brown. OOPS
See.. that was your first mistake..... All my work shoes are black!

I often ride a motorcycle to work so I also only wear black dockers (to cover any dirt splatter).... It makes it very east to get dressed in the morning, pair of pants and the first shirt on the right....
ChiliPepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1 View Post
A couple of times since I retired I have had a brain f@$t and answered the phone at home with my old workplace name. LOL
Maybe we should quit eating BEANS....they are affecting our BRAINS.
happy2bretired is offline   Reply With Quote