Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

My Story, Part 3......
Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My Story, Part 3......

(Removed by moderators, as requested by FinanceDude.)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

OMG - I feel so bad for you. Your stepmom is obviously a psychopath of the first order, and it's terrible to read about the impact she has had on you and your family.

Good for you for being a survivor!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Part 4, my sister's cancer comes back, and my relationship with my parents gets a fatal blow.
Oh crap, it just keeps going...

I hope your sister is alive. This is getting to be too much a click-hanger for me.

Ha
Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I sure hope part 4 has some happiness in it, or at least you currently have some happiness in your life.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Sad story Dude. It does sound like you should break completely with your parents although that sounds like what the next part will tells us. As to this:
Quote:
I found out that my stepmom had the priest at our home parish excommunicate my sister after her divorce, they refused to serve her Communion! I gave her away, and we had a good time.
I assume you are talking about the Catholic Church. Please assure your sister that MiL can't work out an excommunication with the parish priest. If the local priest is a big enough d**k -head he might refuse her communion based on MiL's allegations or your daughter's public statements (some jerk did so to John Kerry or some other candidate for espousing a woman's right to choose). But none of this noise reflects any official action by the Church.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

All I can say is Wow and I'm sorry your dad and step mom were so very cruel. There is no other word. Keep writing FinanceDude....
Old 11-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

You should write a book. This would make one heck of a novel. Too bad it's a true story. Hoping for a happy ending.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
You should write a book. This would make one heck of a novel. Too bad it's a true story. Hoping for a happy ending.
Well, my original major was mass communications, and I once wrote a book of 25 freestyle poems, does that count?

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Wow, FD! From your story, it seems to me you have made plenty of effort to make amends. Too bad your father still wanted to treat you like a little kid and wanted you to grovel.

My wife has a cousin who is like your father and step mom. Not just her own son but her cousins, nieces and nephews have stayed away from her after several attempts to make amends, although they really did nothing to her. She just thought everybody was out to get her. She did not need anyone else but her husband, but he died. Now, she is living alone, and probably raving mad by herself. It is strange and sad.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 11-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #10

Dude, this story would make a great book and maybe a better movie. I just can't get over all the hassles you have had in life (so far). This is so foreign to me that I have to read most of it a couple times.

I'm looking forward to part III and I surely hope things get better for you.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #11

Sorry you had to go through this, FinanceDude. How do you feel nowadays ?
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Well, my original major was mass communications, and I once wrote a book of 25 freestyle poems, does that count?
A book on your life could make you a fortune. Wouldn't it be fun to let your step mom know you made a killing off her craziness?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I agree!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
A book on your life could make you a fortune. Wouldn't it be fun to let your step mom know you made a killing off her craziness?
Shades of Mommie Dearest...
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

FD: touching story, seriuosly. But you are living proof that you choose your destiny, no one else...well dun! My wife had some similarities in her upbringing, and she's the mot amazing woman today and an incredible mother. Some evenings, I just stare at her and when she catches me and asks "what?", I just say "I love you!" She's come so far, like you have, and I am sooooo proud of her!
Closed Thread