Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

We got the truck this afternoon. The deal was just too good to pass up. Wife drove it home. I didn't even have a chance to get to the keys first. Race Red F150 XLT super cab w/ 6.5' bed and 6 year extended warrantee. Next expense is a spray in liner and a front license tag that says "Eat Mo Possum".

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. With the kind of milage we put on a vehicle this should easily last for 20 years or until they take away my license. Heck, our other car is a Crown Vic I bought 10 years ago with 25k miles. It now has 75k. Although I did put about 20k in 3 years on the motorcycle.

Cheers!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #42

We need pictures!

And it isn't complete without a copy of this book on the front seat: Amazon.com: The Original Road Kill Cookbook (9780898152005): Buck Peterson, J. Angus Mclean: Books

Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
We got the truck this afternoon. The deal was just too good to pass up. Wife drove it home. I didn't even have a chance to get to the keys first. Race Red F150 XLT super cab w/ 6.5' bed and 6 year extended warrantee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
We need pictures!
+1

Did you get the Ecoboost 6 or the V8? 2WD or 4WD? Tow package?

I owned a 1998 F-150 for 13+ years. It was a great low mileage truck and I hated to part with it but needed a diesel to tow our RV.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

And if you ever get serious about eatin possum, give me a shout..That's our state bird..
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #45

I don't have a working camera at the moment but if cut and past works then it is this one.

I didn't get the ecoboost. Instead I got the 3.7 6cyl with 6 spd 2WD for a little better milage (best of any full size truck). We won't be pulling heavy loads - just a couple of motorcycles (less than 3k lbs including trailer) or maybe a small pop-up if we get the urge to buy one. However, one of the 2 options that were already installed when we looked was a limited slip diff. The other was a sirius radio with some other features or some such thing. We probably won't pay for the music service after the 6 free months.

I never really ate a possum that I know of. Although back in the early 50's when we would visit the grandparents in NC, grandpa would catch and fatten them up in a pen next the the shed. I may have eaten some then.

Cheers!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #46

Congrats Badger! Nice looking truck. Stop by the F150 forum for all kinds of truck tips.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Congrats Badger! Nice looking truck. Stop by the F150 forum for all kinds of truck tips.
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm sure there will be lots of tips and ideas I could use but would never have thought to do.

I don't know much about cars and trucks so I extended the warrantee to 6 years. They also have a maintanance plan for x years that covers just about everything but I will have to think about that. It was quite a few dollars and if the truck is as good as they say and I keep the oil changed then I hope it will be good for many years.

Cheers!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #48

I plan on hitting up the local Ford dealers this weekend. They have some great end of year rebates right now. My searches for used 1 or 2 year old trucks turned up trucks that cost more than new (when you factor in invoice priceing minus current incentives).

The more I read about the ecoboost engine the more I want it. Tho I'd like to get a 5.0 Mustang and 5.0 truck to match (if I only had the money, garage space, etc).

The new 3.7 motor is sweet. I was considering getting a base model Mustang with the 3.7 for a commuter car. 30MPG and close to 300 HP could liven up my long commute ;-)

I like the red!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #49

The red looks great..
Like Yogi said, Red looks good on anything unless it is on something that doesn't..
Old 10-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #50

Not much hotter than a hot chick in a truck. maybe that makes me a redneck, but i like it. enjoy! sweet ride.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #51
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerbill View Post
I like the red!
Yes, a red Stang looks good (regardless of the year ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002-Ford-Mustang-Conv-02-800.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
Not much hotter than a hot chick in a truck. maybe that makes me a redneck, but i like it. enjoy! sweet ride.
I don't know about you but a hot chick in anything looks hot including in a jalopy. But a hot chick is so much hotter without anything.
The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decision. That’s the time to listen to every fear you can imagine! When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead! – General George S. Patton
Sandhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
I would vote for the hot chick on the hood of the truck vs in it.

Badger, good luck with your F150, their great trucks!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #54

All this talk about hot chicks reminds me of DW when the A/C in the farm truck went out in the middle of summer (flying bug season).