Naked Mooninites reveal all

OMG! Those look like bom-bs! All those resistors, capacitors, batteries and LEDs!

justin said:
OMG! Those look like bom-bs! All those resistors, capacitors, batteries and LEDs!

They sure do and if you saw someone putting one under a bridge or noticed it there you might get a tad worried. I'm just glad I was on vacation while they shut down Boston because of these things.

Outtahere said:
They sure do and if you saw someone putting one under a bridge or noticed it there you might get a tad worried. I'm just glad I was on vacation while they shut down Boston because of these things.

Anyone see the press conference with the two young gentlemen arrested for placing these 'guerrilla marketing' pieces around Boston? If so, you will understand the true meaning of "Don't you know they made their parents proud?" :LOL:

They better hope some nut-job stuck for hours in the traffic jam they caused doesn't figure out where they live...

I've seen it several times, all I can do is shake my head and wonder what planet they're from. The one with the dreads is here on a green card, I think he finally figured out this is not a joke from the statement his lawyer put out this morning.

They better hope some nut-job stuck for hours in the traffic jam they caused doesn't figure out where they live...

That would have been me and I'd have been looking for them!

Hey - I can't make fun of Boston shutting down for some light-brite removal. Our town shuts down at the mere threat of 1/4 inch of snow! :D

Martha said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :confused:

It's something that is either pretty funny (in hindsight) or extremely serious - depending on your point of view.

google "boston mooninites"

Where have you guys been? The Mooninites have been around since 2001 :LOL:

I bet Osama Bin Laden is sitting in a cave somewhere laughing his head off. We are so "terrorized" that Al Quida doesn't need to actually do anything to bring a major US city to a standstill. They just let our fear and paranoia do their work for them. I am totally disgusted.

Grumpy

justin said:

justin, you left out the "exposed wires" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

On the slideshow link I posted, there is a link to where and how he "captured" the sign in Boston... TWO WEEKS before the hysteria hit.

My Grandmother who died 30 years ago, back when she was alive, would have immediately recognized one as a lit sign, with little "light bulbs" and a battery to power it. The thing is so thin and open, it can't be anything else.

Grumpy, I agree with you!

So here is the new protocol... Immediately report all items that don't belong where you see them. Such as:

A sign on a utility pole that says: Painting, Off-duty Fireman, and a ph. #.
A garage sale sign on a street corner.
A rusty muffler sitting on the shoulder of the road.
What looks like a McDonald's cup with a lid on it, and a straw sticking out.
Beer cans.
A street person holding a brown bag.
The Butt Sisters shopping at the mall... could really be thin people strapped with explosives.
Anything painted on bridges, rail cars, water towers and the like.
Someone Bogarting what looks like a cigarette butt.
Someone smoking a fat cigar.
Canned goods in a plastic bag sitting outside someone's front door on a Saturday morning.

Looks like we are going to need a big budget increase to blow up "disturb" all this stuff all over the country. :D

I think what really dismays me is the decline in any "technical" abilities or reasoning as displayed more and more by the American public. People can stick their face in front of a monitor and think they have technical abilities. Yet, they understand or can grasp so little. It is as if TV and screens in general have replaced observation of the world around them, and thought. But let's not forget emotions... pile on the emotions, the more screaming and "I am so upset" the better. America of today is piled high with emotions, with a hair-trigger. Oh no, hair-trigger = guns! :LOL:

Wasn't there a twilight zone where aliens got a town to tear itself apart just by flicking the street lights on and off?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the greatest shows ever. It's mandatory viewing for me when I'm on the road.

REWahoo! said:
{Open curmudgeon certificate...} Our civilization is doomed. {...close curmudgeon certificate.}

Them dang youngins these days, watchin' those dangum stupid shows on the tv. Why don't they go out and be respectable young adults like us when we were growing up! Back when we served in {insert major international military conflict here}...

:D

Full disclosure: I haven't seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but it does sound pretty dumb to me. I may have to watch it and verify. Darn guerilla marketing is EXTREMELY successful.

Laurence said:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the greatest shows ever. It's mandatory viewing for me when I'm on the road.

I have all of the shows on DVD's. It's so sad that this middle aged "lady" loves Aqua Teen Hunger Force and The Man Show. :eek:

grumpy said:
I bet Osama Bin Laden is sitting in a cave somewhere laughing his head off. We are so "terrorized" that Al Quida doesn't need to actually do anything to bring a major US city to a standstill. They just let our fear and paranoia do their work for them. I am totally disgusted.

Me too. Apparently these things had been in a number of other cities, and had even
been in Boston for awhile. Then some idiot citizen reports it to some idiot cops and
off we go ... I think the terrorists have ALREADY won.

Laurence said:
Wasn't there a twilight zone where aliens got a town to tear itself apart just by flicking the street lights on and off?
Yes, I can visualize the closing shot from overhead with the neighbors running around in the streets. the Twilight Zone was awesome - think the gremlin on the airplane wing episode. Science Fiction Theater was another good one. Are re-runs on anywhere?

"It had a very sinister appearance," [AG] Coakley told reporters. "It had a battery behind it, and wires." ::)

Twilight Zone "The monsters are due on maple street"

"After what is believed to be a meteor flies overhead, Maple Street experiences a total power failure. Pete Van Horn leaves to find what is going on. Tommy, a reader of sci-fi, says human- looking aliens have infiltrated Maple Street. No one takes this seriously until Mr. Goodman's car cranks for a few seconds. Suspicion falls on him, made stronger by a neighbor's memory of seeing him looking up at the stars at night. Everyone begins to panic as the evening approaches. When a mysterious figure walks towards them in the dark, Charlie Farnsworth takes a neighbor's rifle and fires. The mysterious figure turns out to be the returning Pete Van Horn. Charlie is then accused of being the alien, then Tommy, then total madness breaks out. As various house lights flash on and off, rioting breaks out. Two nearby aliens watch these events. One tells the other that by manipulating electricity, it is easy to turn neighbor against neighbor. Maple Street is only the beginning."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom