Name your Favorite Fish, Fowl, or Meat

Lamb chops, grass fed local lamb only. Marinated lightly in olive oil, with lots of chopped garlic, a splash of soy sauce and a splash of whiskey. Each chop topped with a sprig of rosemary. Grilled over charcoal. Served with grilled flatbread, rice, and assorted grilled vegetables. That's my favorite meat.

I was gonna go there, but I figured HFWR would leap into the breach.

I'm glad to see that there are others willing to sacrifice themselves.
It was a golden opportunity...couldn't pass it up....:cool:

I'm sure HFWR will be along at some point.

He'll be mad again for spending time watching football when he could have gotten in a good line.

I'm waiting for my tivo to spool up the evening game, but someone is going to have to pinch hit for me for the rest of the night!

This is the appetizer combo at the most relaxing Thai joint; it has fish, fowl, and veggies; add a bowl of brown rice and it's a complete meal.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    553 KB · Views: 1
  1. grilled or cedar-planked alaskan salmon
  2. mahimahi in a soy-ginger-lime-juice marinade.

Meat: Ribeye 1.5" thick, seasoned 'just right' and grilled over charcoal to medium.
Fowl: Home-made Fried Chicken.
Fish: Fresh Catfish breaded with cracker crumbs & flour and pan-fried.
Shellfish: Cajun Boiled Crawfish with new potatoes & corn-on-the-cob!
Chicken...dipped in egg and coated with a mixture of crushed corn flakes, pecans and self rising flour. Fried to a golden brown in hot oil...using a cast iron skillet of course.
Yep same here...almost....'cept some cracker crumbs instead of the corn flakes (though that sounds yummy) mixed with the self rising flour, and we don't use pecans.....but the exact same cooking technique!
Mine was about that high, too. Could it be a side effect of our lifestyle here? :2funny:

So, I take cholesterol meds, exercise, eat healthy foods MOST of the time (except on weekends), and then for about a week before the blood tests I avoid shrimp (!! I know - - such deprivation!) and eggs. That seems to make my doctor happy with the numbers.

LOVE those fresh Louisiana shrimp. :D
My cholesterol was fine! But my triglycerides were high so Doc has me on 'degreasers'...pop one pill a day....he seems happy now. But like you, I cut back on the good stuff about a week or so before I have to [-]pay a visit to the vampire[/-] go in for a blood test. I know it's kinda cheating to do it that way, but it makes him happy and it only makes me unhappy for a week or so. So it's retty much "win-win". ;)
------------------------------
BTW....this is one of those unhappy weeks......gotta go in next week for routine blood work.......Cr*p!

...A rib eye thats been marinated in garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and then grilled and dunked in herb butter just before serving.

It is amazing... but that herb butter on top is great.

It works wonders for a less fatty piece of beef steak also.

Beef: Fillet Mignon

Fish: Chilean Sea Bass (aka Patagonian Toothfish) (cooked in a very light tomato sauce with garlic, diced tomatoes, and calamata olives)

Other Meat: Rabbit (cooked cacciatore style); Quail (al mattone); Rack of Lamb

My favorite is Soft-Shell Crabs fried golden brown.
Next would be Shrimp cooked anyway that is possible.
Next would be Oysters fried lightly brown.
Next would be boiled Crabs
Next would be fried speckled trout or baked stuffed flounder.
Every now and then I enjoy a marinated rib-eye steak. (best cooked by me)

Can you tell that I'm a Southern guy/gal?

My favorite is Soft-Shell Crabs fried golden brown.
Next would be Shrimp cooked anyway that is possible.
Next would be Oysters fried lightly brown.
Next would be boiled Crabs
Next would be fried speckled trout or baked stuffed flounder.
Every now and then I enjoy a marinated rib-eye steak. (best cooked by me)

Can you tell that I'm a Southern guy/gal?

Sounds like me. I still prefer Ahi Tuna, but basically if it swims, walks, crawls, or attaches sessiley(?) in the ocean, I'm a fan. And ribeyes too. :D

It's all about location, location, location....... DW and I will take the "fish of the day" prepared on the shores of our favorite lakes or rivers over just about any restaurant meal. We like those indoor experiences too, of course, but there's something special about eating fish so fresh they scream "ouch!" when they hit the hot oil!

Attachments

• Shore Lunch.jpg
    Shore Lunch.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, hard to beat fresh crappie or bluegill, dredged in cornmeal, and fried golden brown in a skillet over the campfire! Usually, there's some frosty, adult beverages involved.

Grilled salmon, grilled scallops, grilled shrimp, and, of course, lobster...

Ribeye or tenderloin of [-]cow[/-] beef... :p

BBQ yardbird...

Milk and chocolate chip cookies!

Homemade ice cream!

Yeah, hard to beat fresh crappie or bluegill, dredged in cornmeal, and fried golden brown in a skillet over the campfire! Usually, there's some frosty, adult beverages involved.
This Friday evening the garden club I belong to is having our annual fish fry! It will all be bluegill and crappie that was caught in the pond on the property of the hosting members. He fries up a LOT of fish during those fish fries....last year he fried up about 40-50 pounds of fish. He uses one of those propane-fired turkey deep fryers. There's fish, and beer, and salads, and beer, and dessert, and beer.....oh yeah, and there's also beer. :D

Goonie, can you export some of that fish fry to No. Cal. We have beer here but the fish and chips are no substitute for a good mid-western Friday fish fry.

Goonie, can you export some of that fish fry to No. Cal. We have beer here but the fish and chips are no substitute for a good mid-western Friday fish fry.
Gee, I would, but the fish would probably get squirshed pretty badly in the envelope during transport....plus the postal employees handling it would probably be mauled by vicious felines from far and wide, and then I'd end up feeling terrible for their misfortune and misery! :D

Ugh. I havent found a place anywhere in norcal that has any idea how to make fish and chips. Its either some skinny piece of fish with 5000lbs of tempura batter on it, or some decent piece of fish with thin soggy breading.

I regularly miss Kelly's on Revere Beach...

Garlic-stuffed boneless NY Strip, Grilled Medium over hickory or mesquite coals
U-5 Tiger Prawns, grilled and basted with real garlic butter
Impala Steaks grilled over mopane wood.
Halibut fillets grilled over alder wood.

Back
Top Bottom