NBA action

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
NEW YORK — The NBA suspended seven players, including Denver star Carmelo Anthony for 15 games, for their roles in Saturday's brawl at the end of the Nuggets-Knicks game. Each team was fined $500,000.

Knicks coach Isiah Thomas insists he never threatened NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony but contends the Denver Nuggets caused problems by leaving their starters on the floor too long at Madison Square Garden.

I kinda thought he'd get at least 25 games. Reason: He slugged the guy (some say sucker-punched him) and ran away like a punk that he probably is.

Wonder how this will affect the possible trade of Iverson to Denver:confused: ::)

The same thug garbage that the inner city breeds.

We see this garbage on the high school level!

these are guys making tons of money and have brains the size of sweet green peas!

newguy888 said:

We see this garbage on the high school level!

these are guys making tons of money and have brains the size of sweet green peas!

VERY well said. I was a big NBA fan when I was younger, haven't watched a full game in over 5 years.

mickeyd said:
Reason: He slugged the guy
And here I thought they were just grumpy because their hands were sore & bleeding from the new ball.

Did you know that Spalding is a subsidiary of Russell, which was recently bought by Berkshire Hathaway? I wonder how Buffett would approach these behavioral problems.

Yeah. I watch hockey instead . None of those INNER CITY thugs playing that sport.

Wonder how this will affect the possible trade of Iverson to Denver:confused:

Evidently it helped to seal the deal. :-\

I understand that AI is now going to Denver and will replace CA in the lineup as Anthony sits on his ass and collects only his "outside money" for 15 games.

DOG52 said:
VERY well said. I was a big NBA fan when I was younger, haven't watched a full game in over 5 years.

Ditto. Haven't found the pro game very interesting since the Bulls' Michael Jordan era which is now long past. Once in a while I'll check out the first few mins of a game and, if it seems interesting, return late in the second half to see if it's still interesting and watch the conclusion. I don't seem to be missing much if I omit the stuff in the middle.

The past couple of years I've attended a few NCAA Div III games at local colleges. Lots of fun........

The past couple of years I've attended a few NCAA Div III games at local colleges. Lots of fun........

Armature athletics? Division III? How can that be any good? No athletic scholarships? No under-the-table cash? No big contracts? No outside shoe deals? No in-your-face attitude displays? No thuggery on and off the court? No multi million dollar "cribs"?

OTOH, I think I'll check out the schedule of our local D-III team and catch a game. Thanks for reminding me youbet. ;)

Is this really a sport? Watching overpaid athletes, of unusual size and athletic
ability, stuff a basketball into a round cylinder, that's only 2-3 feet, above their head?

Most games don't get interesting, until the last three-five minutes. (So, shorten the game. :D)

I find NBA basketball, to be dull and unrewarding; until the final playoffs. Then I await the championship series. That's when the season starts. Most teams are eliminated,
from playoff consideration, 1/4 of the way into the season. But, they still keep playing, for the benefit of their fans, the team and for the love of the millions of dollars, laid at their feet by an adoring public and contracts signed.

You could probably criticize ALL professional sports, for the same reason. Too much money, paid to a select few, to play a game!

Solution: Sign me, to a contract, for a half million. I'll sit on your bench and not get in any fights, --for 6 months. I'm 6' tall and weigh 165 pounds and can go to my right, with a dribble :D. I was a defensive wizard, in 1958. Shot 90%, from the free throw line and 48%, from the field.

Sundance Kid said:
Is this really a sport?
Where else would Jack Nicholson & Eva Longoria go to be photographed?

OTOH try living with one of the WNBA's biggest teenaged fans...

mickeyd said:
Armature athletics? Division III? How can that be any good? No athletic scholarships? No under-the-table cash? No big contracts? No outside shoe deals? No in-your-face attitude displays? No thuggery on and off the court? No multi million dollar "cribs"?

OTOH, I think I'll check out the schedule of our local D-III team and catch a game. Thanks for reminding me youbet. ;)

Check things out here..... http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/

Back
Top Bottom