Join Early Retirement Today

NCAA Football 2016
Old 09-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

NCAA Football 2016

If there is a thread on this please delete, if not, I thought I'd start one since we have a big game tomorrow morning on national TV - UH/OU. Game is sold out at Reliant Stadium - 75K? May be one of our biggest games ever.

I think we (Houston) will win even though we are 11 point dogs. If we don't we should still go 11-1 and get a NY6 bowl again.

Go COOGS!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post
If there is a thread on this please delete, if not, I thought I'd start one since we have a big game tomorrow morning on national TV - UH/OU. Game is sold out at Reliant Stadium - 75K? May be one of our biggest games ever.

I think we (Houston) will win even though we are 11 point dogs. If we don't we should still go 11-1 and get a NY6 bowl again.

Go COOGS!
Well, if you honestly think UH can win then I will have to have hope for the UW Badgers beating #5 LSU. We are also 11 point dogs. We are playing at Lambeau Field - 80K+. The city doubles in size when the Badgers or Packers are playing so it's a big deal around here. Go Badgers!

Old 09-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #3

I usually root for UW, not just because they have a great actuarial science program but because I love Madtown
Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I would love to see Houston win and go undefeated. Would mess with the BCS which is always good.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm a Mississippi State grad so I pull for them. We lost our qb to graduation last year so I'm afraid this is going to be a long year. Probably a 6-6 season. I would love to be at Lambeau stadium to see tomorrows game. Not that I'm a fan of either school, just an iconic venue to watch a game.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

SU / Colgate tonight. I'm an SU grad, but hard to get excited over their football program this last decade.
New head coach debut so I'll catch it on tv if on.

Waiting for NCAA BB....
Old 09-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #7

It will be interesting to see what sort of welcoming Aranda gets at Lambeau.

Geaux Tigers, after the floods, BR could use some good news.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #8

Going to see the Irish v the Orange at MetLife Stadium on October 1. The annual trip to see ND. First time in awhile that it hasn't been for a home game.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #9

ND plays here at Texas on Sunday night (on national TV). Both teams are being quiet about their starting quarterbacks. For the sake of all the folks around these parts who bleed burnt orange (and for the sake of the rest of us who like to read more in the sports section than speculation about when a coach will be fired), I hope the Horns have a good season.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #10

Yes, looking forward to seeing some good football.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #11

12-0 baby!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Hitter View Post

Go COOGS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Well, if you honestly think UH can win then I will have to have hope for the UW Badgers beating #5 LSU. We are also 11 point dogs. We are playing at Lambeau Field - 80K+. The city doubles in size when the Badgers or Packers are playing so it's a big deal around here. Go Badgers!

Looks like both got your wish....

I think UH won more decisively than UW... instead of a 10 point win it should have been a 24 point win without the fumble in the end zone...
Old 09-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

My revised schools record for the year....1-11. Pitiful.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #14
Administrator

Yesterday, Navy pulled a guy out of the stands to play quarterback in their 52-16 win over Fordham. Quite a memorable way to play in your first college football game!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aborative_1_na
Old 09-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Yesterday, Navy pulled a guy out of the stands to play quarterback in their 52-16 win over Fordham. Quite a memorable way to play in your first college football game!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...aborative_1_na

Well, a bit of false advertising here.... it is not like he was not on the football team... just did not dress for the game...

As opposed to A&M's 12th man many years ago who was just a normal student... he did get dressed, but did not play.... just a side note... I have never heard if they won that game or not... hmmmm....
Old 09-05-2016, 07:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
Well, a bit of false advertising here.... it is not like he was not on the football team... just did not dress for the game...

As opposed to A&M's 12th man many years ago who was just a normal student... he did get dressed, but did not play.... just a side note... I have never heard if they won that game or not... hmmmm....
Being a 4th string QB, not dressed for game, and having to step in to your first game is quite an accomplishment, however you want to look at it. On the other hand, LSU has a 3rd year QB who had 2 seasons under his belt, and he still looks like he doesn't belong at QB.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:39 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAustin View Post
ND plays here at Texas on Sunday night (on national TV). Both teams are being quiet about their starting quarterbacks. For the sake of all the folks around these parts who bleed burnt orange (and for the sake of the rest of us who like to read more in the sports section than speculation about when a coach will be fired), I hope the Horns have a good season.
Very entertaining game... it looked like UT had run out of gas in the 4th quarter but then they found some reserve and pulled off the big win.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Very entertaining game... it looked like UT had run out of gas in the 4th quarter but then they found some reserve and pulled off the big win.
+1

I really thought they were done for when that kick was blocked and run back, but the Horns showed some grit. Great game to watch.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Being a 4th string QB, not dressed for game, and having to step in to your first game is quite an accomplishment, however you want to look at it. On the other hand, LSU has a 3rd year QB who had 2 seasons under his belt, and he still looks like he doesn't belong at QB.

Do not get me wrong... it is an accomplishment... but it is not like they just went up in the stands and pick a student that looked like he could play which the headlines 'might' suggest... he was 'on' the team, he knew all the plays... he was a QB!!! That is why I say false 'advertising'....

But, to tell the truth, I would have been more impressed if a CB or safety had taken over... they are not on offense and do not know the plays... but they probably would have just handed off.... or, the coach could have gone to the wildcat as they were up by a big margin...
Old 09-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #20

play of the week had to Brandon Wilson's 110 yard return of a missed FG