Need appliance repair

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
My gas stove oven has stopped working.

Are the Sears people reliable?

I assume they're bonded & insured if the house blows up?

I have used Sears for appliance repairs as has my MIL. Most of the time, they come in, diagnose the problem, order the part which is shipped directly to you and then they come back several days later to fix the problem (we have Kenmore appliances and I was surprised to see that they didn't even have the most basic parts in stock). The quality of the work was so so: the guy came back to replace one of the relays in our dryer and he replaced the wrong one. He also tried to push some extended warranty before collecting his check.

I now use a local appliance repair service. They repaired my oven right before Thanksgiving. They had the part in stock and were able to do the repair on the same day. Price wise they were slightly cheaper than Sears as well.

Looking at Angie's List for Dayton under Large Appliance Repair, Sears (Dayton) got an "A".
Other places rated with an A include:
Miamisburg Appliances 937-866-2031

A-1 Whites Appliance (Fairborn) 937-270-6905

Mallow's Appliance Service (Beavercreek) 937-426-4695

Mr Appliance (Dayton) 937-296-9274

Authorized Service, Inc (Dayton) 937-252-3200

Who got really bad grades:

Sears Home Central (Kettering) "F"-A single customer who claimed that She had an extended warranty but that Sears said she didn't.

Matt's (F) (Just one report)

Note: Angie's list in Dayton is rather lightly populated, and some of these guys had only a few customer reports on their service. But, I suppose it's better than nothing.

I'd go with local company. Sears is so-so, pricey, and (in this area) has way-too-long wait times. Twelve days before they can come out to fix the dryer? No way am I waiting that long.

go with someone local. sears subs out a lot of their work....franchises out other aspects...go with a local family owned imho

Gas ovens are pretty easy to work on. Would you have any interest in trying to do it yourself?

I'm going to ask the plumbers (who work on the gas water heater & heat) who they recommend.

I just fixed my gas oven. The lamp that lights the oven had burnt out, so it wasn't working. Bought one off of Ebay, installed it, and works fine now.

Sears repair here has been horrible. My brother had a horrible experience. They only showed up half the time so he had to keep calling and wasing time off. Then ended up putting the part in his frige himself instead of waiting for the 2 week appointment.

My gas stove oven has stopped working.

I thought my gas oven wasn't working. Then one day the gas & electric guy came around for a safety check and discovered there was nothing wrong with the oven. He told me that if a gas oven goes unused too long, it will take a long time to start. I've been using it ever since. That may not be the problem with your oven, but I've found the safety check guys to be fountains of information, they come out by appt. and show up on time. In my area you can set up a free check twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom