Need Help With Adobe Reader 9

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
HI- I updated to Adobe Reader 9, and I can't figure out how to copy text to save into a Word document.

I want to copy into Word selected parts of the documents so I can highlight them and make notes.

I did this with earlier Reader versions, but can't seem to do it now.

Thanks

Ha

Not a direct answer to your question, but I have found the free Foxit Reader (2.0 currently) to be better the Adobe (mainly less bloated, so faster) - no problem copy / pasting from it.

Point your mouse at the start of the text. Hold down the left button. Move the mouse to select the text. Release the left button and click the right button. Choose 'copy'. Voila.

If you select something that isnt text, it may not offer you the copy option because I think it isnt sure what to do with the non text.

haha - is there any chance the document is write protected? I think I've seen some like that and they won't allow copy/paste either. Sometimes, what appears to be text is actually a 'picture' of some text, so you can't really cut/paste it as text, it is more like a photo.

Try on some pdf that you know is not protected, and that is plain text.

Here is one I picked at random:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008

-ERD50

That's it- it is copy protected. I wondered what was wrong. :p

Ha

Back
Top Bottom