Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Need Help With Adobe Reader 9
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Need Help With Adobe Reader 9

HI- I updated to Adobe Reader 9, and I can't figure out how to copy text to save into a Word document.

I want to copy into Word selected parts of the documents so I can highlight them and make notes.

I did this with earlier Reader versions, but can't seem to do it now.

Thanks

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not a direct answer to your question, but I have found the free Foxit Reader (2.0 currently) to be better the Adobe (mainly less bloated, so faster) - no problem copy / pasting from it.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Point your mouse at the start of the text. Hold down the left button. Move the mouse to select the text. Release the left button and click the right button. Choose 'copy'. Voila.

If you select something that isnt text, it may not offer you the copy option because I think it isnt sure what to do with the non text.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

haha - is there any chance the document is write protected? I think I've seen some like that and they won't allow copy/paste either. Sometimes, what appears to be text is actually a 'picture' of some text, so you can't really cut/paste it as text, it is more like a photo.

Try on some pdf that you know is not protected, and that is plain text.

Here is one I picked at random:

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

Quote:
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT No. 07–290. Argued March 18, 2008—Decided June 26, 2008
-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

That's it- it is copy protected. I wondered what was wrong.

Ha