Need new baseball glove - can you recommend something?

RISP

Recycles dryer sheets
My current glove is getting soft, so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm mostly pitching, but sometimes filling in at several infield positions (2B, 3B, SS).
I'm looking for a relatively small model - 11 3/4 or 12 inches. Preferrably light brown, but black is also OK.
I've used low-end Rawlings gloves before and liked them very much. I'm now thinking about getting one of their higher-range models, possibly from the Gold Glove series. I once had a mid-price Louisville Slugger model that I absolutely hated.

Oh, and I'm playing baseball, not softball. Can anybody recommend a glove from personal experience?

I use a Wilson A2000 Series glove for playing 2nd, 3rd, and SS. I've had mine for a number of years. I noticed some MLB players use them too. IMHO the glove is just right for picking grounders and it's not oversized so the ball doesn't get lost when you are ready to throw. Mine is dark brown but I've seen a variety of colors. I think it's a fairly popular model.

Yes, DS and I have both used Kelly gloves. I played years of adult hardball at a pretty competitive level as a pitcher. They are outstanding for the money: Kelley Athletic Co.

I would not go below a 12" if you are pitching. Some of the Mizunos are also pretty nice.

I use a Wilson A2000 Series glove for playing 2nd, 3rd, and SS. I've had mine for a number of years. I noticed some MLB players use them too. IMHO the glove is just right for picking grounders and it's not oversized so the ball doesn't get lost when you are ready to throw. Mine is dark brown but I've seen a variety of colors. I think it's a fairly popular model.

+1

best mitt out there.

Thanks for all suggestions. Being in Germany, my options are somewhat limited. The Kelleys look very nice, but I've never seen them anywhere. Even if they shipped to Europe, which I doubt, that's usually a huge PITA with customs. I'm thinking hard about a Mizuno GMVP 1201P Prime, size 12''. It was recommended by the guy I usually buy from over the Rawlings GG20G, and I trust his experience.
I'm sure the Wilson A2000 is a fine glove, but it's a little more expensive than what I'm comfortable spending. Our first baseman uses one and loves it. All baseball equipment is much more expensive here in Europe, as there are only a few online shops which have to order everything from the US (or Japan), and the costs of shipping drive up prices.

Back
Top Bottom