Join Early Retirement Today
Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Or simply...............

Of course I'm the neighbor who would eventually end up on death row over a tree limb.

Full time wuss............
Dawg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #122
Full time employment: Posting here.
I have a house and a condo and love the can't win with a neighbor that you dislike and can't talk to......doesn't matter who is right, what matters is that you and your family are unhappy. Is it worth it? So, decide, than take actions that you can control.......move! that's what I hassle is worth living unhappy....there are NO wins in this situation. Good luck, make yourself'll be glad you did.

jerome len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #123
Recycles dryer sheets
I wont consider moving until I am in the residence for two years in order to qualify for the capital gains tax exclusion.
nico08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #124
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Shanky View Post
To the OP. When something appears to be entirely irrational, it helps to try to view the situation from the other perspective. Usually people are not insane, they act based on their perception of the situation. If we had the gentleman who sawed down your limb posting on this thread, what would he say? I still feel we are missing some context. Obviously, given the format, we can only hear your account of the situation.
Hello Shanky- I agree with you that usually people are not insane. Unfortunately, these neighbors are in fact insane. The person who cut the tree branch would most certainly not be characterized as a gentleman. What makes him insane- in part- was his opportunity to give a reason for his actions, both before and after the act, and his failure to do so.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #125
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by Redbugdave View Post
I agree with you, Shanky.
Like I told Shanky- I agree that usually people do not act insane. These neighbors did behave insanely. As such, I have filed a police report, an action I have never taken before in my life. Unfortunately, their ignorance, fueled by arrogance, has brought me to a point where I can no longer ignore their behavior.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #126
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Midnighter, did this just "happen" or is there some history that predates the tree incident, and this just pushed you over the edge?

I can surely understand that you were violated. The neighbor did act inappropriately. It just seems like you are putting a lot of negative energy into what many people would just let go.

Just what are your damages in this? If you wind up in court, the settlement is going to come down to making you whole again, and that is about it. I doubt the police will arrest the neighbor even if they admit to the act.

Now if you had a six foot security fence with No Trespassing signs posted and the neighbor crossed the fence, that is a different story.

In the other thread it sounds like you are looking at property lines (maybe trying to determine if the tree is actually in your own yard or possibly in an easement).
Rustward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #127
Recycles dryer sheets
If you lived in Texas you could probably just shoot him (just kidding, lol).

I would follow the sage words of Billy Jack: "Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of Heaven
You can justify it in the end

There won't be any trumpets blowing
Come the judgment day
On the bloody morning after who
One tin soldier rides away".

Or you could just let it go. Just sayin'
Hiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #128
Recycles dryer sheets
My comments on context and missing the neighbors perspective somehow, was sparked by the fact the substantial mess from the tree trimming was moved and stacked in the neighbors yard. I visualize a destructive, inconsiderate, insane type leaving the mess in the OP's yard.

(But there are very neat insane people also, so I should not stereotype)
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #129
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote