Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
I kept reading that while you can adjust the temperature remotely, you can't read the temperature.

Is that so?

Not at all. When I check remotely, the Nest tells me the temp and also the indoor relative humidity.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 05:25 PM   #42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
As we're away from home all winter I almost got a NEST. My main interest was to see the temperature in the house.

Then along the way it seemed to me that I kept reading that while you can adjust the temperature remotely, you can't read the temperature.

Is that so?

In any event, I got a three sensor Accurite system for $100 and it worked like a charm all winter. (Put one in a plastic bag in the hot tub and that worked great as well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Not at all. When I check remotely, the Nest tells me the temp and also the indoor relative humidity.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Correct, when you access it remotely it tells you the inside temp, the current set point, the outside temp and also the indoor relative humidity.

I also have a NEST security camera set to come on when we are not in the house so that I don't get nuisance alerts (email or text) while we are at home but don't have to remember to turn it on when we leave the house either on a day to day basis or for vacation.