Netflix movie or show suggestion

Target2019 thanks for the suggestion. I just finished watching the documentary on Paul Williams and would give it 4 1/2 stars. I gave it an extra half of a star because I just realized I he lives about 10 minutes from me.
Paul Williams would probably invite you in. It is ironic that the writer of so many huge hits lives in an average house, and stills works @75.

I found that documentary on the twitter feed for @iw_popular. This is a link that goes to a similar tweet for The Verdict:
In that tweet you see the movie and actors, followed by a link to the instantwatcher.com page for the Netflix movie. There is a longer movie description and usually 1 or 2 ratings.

After you follow, most days there is a string of 20 tweets about what's on netflix. Not sure what their methodology is for these 20. But I usually get to an interesting find in a few clicks.

"A Good Marriage" is a surprisingly good thriller, based on a Stephen King story so you know there aregoing to be some plot twists.

We watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy last night. It was good, but a bit hard to follow.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) - IMDb
It would have helped if we'd read the book first, I think.
The book is wonderfully written. One feels a bit in the fog reading it too. So yes, some plot familiarity helps. I'd also recommend the very atmospheric 1980 PBS Miniseries version with Alec Guinness and other great British actors on DVD:
Netflix - DVD: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Paul Williams would probably invite you in. It is ironic that the writer of so many huge hits lives in an average house, and stills works @75.

I would guess his house is around $2 million or so. It doesn't look large but location, location, location.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Valentín is a 2002 Argentine-French-Italian drama film written and directed by Alejandro Agresti. The film features Rodrigo Noya as Valentín and Carmen Maura as the grandmother. Director Alejandro Agresti also stars as Valentín's father.

The story revolves around the world of an eight-year-old boy, Valentín (Noya), who dreams of one day becoming an astronaut. While caught in the middle of his family, he attempts to better the bewildering world around him.

Last edited:
Just watched a great time travel SciFi movie on Google Play.
Predestination
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/

Based on a Heinlein short story from the fifties. Good acting and a good movie considering it is a small budget Aussie made film. There are two twists. Figured out the first immediately but didn't see the second coming.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Okay, had to sign up for a free trial on Amazon Prime to watch, but we've started the Bosch series, based on the book series by Michael Connelly. Great fun, and perfect casting for the role of Harry Bosch. Definitely recommended if you like his books.

Though I must say that the casting for his Lincoln Lawyer movie was oh-so-perfect, what with it being Matthew McConnoughey. Whew. I'd watch him paint a fence. Hopefully in summer. In Texas. :)

I've kept reading on here people mentioning House of Cards. I didn't even know what it was about.

We finally enabled Netflix and started watching it. And OMG it's awesome! I don't even like political shows set in Washington DC (too close to news reality), but I love this! Had no idea Kevin Spacey was the lead.

I've kept reading on here people mentioning House of Cards. I didn't even know what it was about.

We finally enabled Netflix and started watching it. And OMG it's awesome! I don't even like political shows set in Washington DC (too close to news reality), but I love this! Had no idea Kevin Spacey was the lead.

You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment. :LOL:

If you like it, the original BBC version is also available on Netflix. I really, really liked the original so it was with some trepidation that I watched the US version but was very pleasantly surprised to find it is also excellent.

If you like it, the original BBC version is also available on Netflix. I really, really liked the original so it was with some trepidation that I watched the US version but was very pleasantly surprised to find it is also excellent.

+1
Both excellent; the stories are parallel but the cultural context is very different.

OK - didn't know about the BBC original....

For some reason we are getting Spanish language captions on the show. And they are excellent translations - especially for the colloquial phrases - so it adds a whole other dimension to the entertainment.

Audrey, likewise for us. The new season comes out today!!!
And we finally started Deadwood last week. It is also excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

If you include tv series:

Waking the Dead
Breakout Kings
Crossing Lines
Hell on Wheels
Haven
The Following
Ripper Street

If you want some lighthearted entertainment try Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Someone told me it was kinda-sorta adult and good animated color. It was.

Audrey, likewise for us. The new season comes out today!!!
And we finally started Deadwood last week. It is also excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
I don't follow your
You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
but maybe it'll become clear to me later. :)

You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
This was a line from the original BBC trilogy version of House of Cards available in DVD from Netflix. It was quite different so one could easily watch both versions.

If you want some lighthearted entertainment try Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Someone told me it was kinda-sorta adult and good animated color. It was.

Really? I started watching it and didn't last 5 minutes before I turned it off. Maybe it gets better?

You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment. :LOL:

Back in the 90's I became good friends with a senior manager in Corporate who was a fan of the original House of Cards, and sometimes when I would ask if a rumor was true, he would answer, "Some might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment".

I'm going to watch episode 1 of the new season 3 tonight.....

Back in the 90's I became good friends with a senior manager in Corporate who was a fan of the original House of Cards, and sometimes when I would ask if a rumor was true, he would answer, "Some might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment".

I'm going to watch episode 1 of the new season 3 tonight.....

Finished episode 2 of season 1 tonight, and it's amazing how they create this ambience and just draw you right in. The soothing yet ominous music helps. I feel like a fly on the wall. But it's all so calm - not frenetic like other shows in this genre.

I told DH "Let's see what that silver-tongued southern dude has to say" and he had no idea what show I was wanting to watch. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom