Netflix movie or show suggestion

Broadchurch season 2 now available on Netflix!

We just started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix, another series with David Tennant, although he hasn't (quite) shown up yet, and it's very good.

Last edited:

Woohoo :dance:

We just started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix, another series with David Tennant, although he hasn't (quite) shown up yet, and it's very good.

I added it to my watchlist this week on advice of my son although I haven't started watching it yet.

Yippee!! Got the email about Broadchurch from Netfix this morning. I think I'll watch season one again just to remind myself of all the players and motivations.

Supposed to rain here tomorrow--sounds like a binge watching day...

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I've started watching The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime streaming. Based on a Philip K Dick novel, set in a distopian future of 1962 where Germany and Japan have won WW2. Excellent so far.

I just finished the whole series. OMG! What a story and what an ending!

I had a hard time getting into it at first but the last two or three episodes where spine tingling! I actually had goosebumps for the last 10 minutes as the whole thing came together.

The story is very dark and depressing, but...wow! for me, it was worth the effort.

I just finished the whole series. OMG! What a story and what an ending!

I had a hard time getting into it at first but the last two or three episodes where spine tingling! I actually had goosebumps for the last 10 minutes as the whole thing came together.

The story is very dark and depressing, but...wow! for me, it was worth the effort.

I've been watching it with my son, and last night we watched episodes 7 and 8. He works weekends, 3x12 hr night shifts starting tonight (Friday), so I wouldn't normally expect to see him today but he said to me there is no way he can hang on 'til Monday to see the last 2 episodes so he is coming around at 3 (45 minutes from now) to watch the last episodes before he goes to work. :LOL:

I've been watching it with my son, and last night we watched episodes 7 and 8. He works weekends, 3x12 hr night shifts starting tonight (Friday), so I wouldn't normally expect to see him today but he said to me there is no way he can hang on 'til Monday to see the last 2 episodes so he is coming around at 3 (45 minutes from now) to watch the last episodes before he goes to work. :LOL:

I'll be interested to hear if you find the last episode as amazing as I did.

I watched 1 and 2 last night and am having a hard time getting into it but I'm not giving up yet.

I'll be interested to hear if you find the last episode as amazing as I did.

I'll let you know. He told me last night that it is the best series he's seen since Game of Thrones, and that is high praise coming from him. (I also enjoy Game of Thrones).

I watched 1 and 2 last night and am having a hard time getting into it but I'm not giving up yet.

Stick with it, I think you'll find it worth it.

I started it for the story but stayed with it for the characters (unusual for me). ALL the characters.

I too found the first few slow going but for some reason it just got better and better. YMMV, but I found the last 4-5 episodes well worth the pain of the earlier ones.

I'm still coming off the high of the ending 4 hours ago....so I might still be overly impressed, but.....the last 60 minutes truly blew my mind.

I agree on the "Best Offer". It started out a little slow for me, but what a great twist at the ending. It was one of those movies you want to watch a second time, now that you understand what was really going on.

Finished watching the last episodes of the serial today. Really good I thought.

I loved the last episode of Man in the High Castle!
I was a huge fan of Frank Spotnitz' X Files, and the similarities between it and this series in the way characters and storylines are developed really made this so compelling.
Wow, and so cool it was the best character (trade minister) who wrapped it up!

I loved the last episode of Man in the High Castle!
I was a huge fan of Frank Spotnitz' X Files, and the similarities between it and this series in the way characters and storylines are developed really made this so compelling.
Wow, and so cool it was the best character (trade minister) who wrapped it up!

Blow away! It slowly, slowly came to me who the man in the high castle was, then...bam! right across the forehead. The whole back and forth in the hunting cabin too... amazing story.

I am not sure why there are so many posts about Man in the High Castle, since it does not appear to be available on Netflix, which is the subject of this thread.

I am not sure why there are so many posts about Man in the High Castle, since it does not appear to be available on Netflix, which is the subject of this thread.

Not sure but I think Alan first mentioned it. His fault!!

Busted! But oh well, we aren't known for keeping strictly to the topic at hand!
Get you a trial of Prime and see for yourself! :)

Busted! But oh well, we aren't known for keeping strictly to the topic at hand!
Get you a trial of Prime and see for yourself! :)

I have Amazon Prime, but in Canada that does not include video streaming.

That is certainly an annoyance.

The exuberance of Amazon and Netflix knows no bounds, so it all must be contained by one convenient bit bucket, I think.

:cool:

I closed out Jessica Jones last evening. The end was a mild disappointment.

Did appreciate that it was well made and acted. Looking forward to the next season, as it does capture the spirit of Marvel comics, on which I spent too many quarters and youthful hours.

We missed the third season when/if it was on PBS, so we are two episodes into that season of Last Tango in Halifax. We also watched Murray Christmas--it was okay.

I did say it was on Amazon Prime in my post, and there have been over 2 dozen posts about Amazon Prime going all the way back to January 2013 in this thread that I don't feel guilty at all. Maybe I should rename the thread Netflix/Amazon movie suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom