Netflix movie or show suggestion

anyone watch making a murderer? watched the first 3 last night - kinda felt sorry for the guy until the 3rd episode

Ref: Making of a Murderer. Keep watching, it is riveting! We finished it pretty quickly and I've been reading a lot about the buzz it has generated nationwide. Amazing story, and very well researched and presented.

Ref: Making of a Murderer. Keep watching, it is riveting! We finished it pretty quickly and I've been reading a lot about the buzz it has generated nationwide. Amazing story, and very well researched and presented.
By coincidence DD recommended this to me today via email so I added it to my list.

the story is sooooo frustrating - I feel sorry for those that live in Manitowoc county

Just finished the "Narcos" series. Not usually my thing but this was really well done. The Brazilian actor playing Pablo Escobar just nails it.. great acting. Some of the others are a little shaky at times (especially the main DEA agent).
Cinematography is great and so are the production values.

You can tell Netflix is starting to drop serious coin into their original content when you see series like this or their "Marco Polo"

Just watched "Wild Card" starring Jason Statham. A re-make of "Heat" that starred Burt Reynolds.

It followed the original movie pretty close (somewhat inflation adjusted :)) but wasn't as good, IMO.

Last edited:
Just watched "Wild Card" starring Jason Statham. A re-make of "Heat" that starred Burt Reynolds.

It followed the original movie pretty close (somewhat inflation adjusted :)) but wasn't as good, IMO.

If we had one Statham in each state we could close down all government and breathe free air!

I'm gonna tee that up for Saturday night.

Yes, we are half way through. I'm not sure how they produced this series. Seems so realistic, but how could they have put all this together in real time? They couldn't have known the outcome? Or did they go back after the fact and recreate some of it?

Yes, we are half way through. I'm not sure how they produced this series. Seems so realistic, but how could they have put all this together in real time? They couldn't have known the outcome? Or did they go back after the fact and recreate some of it?

They started out making a documentary about Steven Avery when he was released from his wrongful incarceration. The idea was to follow the civil case, etc... and so they just kept filming as stuff happened.

So the stuff from the 80's and 90's is look back based on historical footage. The stuff from 2004 and newer was filmed by the documentarians.

They started out making a documentary about Steven Avery when he was released from his wrongful incarceration. The idea was to follow the civil case, etc... and so they just kept filming as stuff happened.

So the stuff from the 80's and 90's is look back based on historical footage. The stuff from 2004 and newer was filmed by the documentarians.

This documentary has to be a black eye to anyone associated with the justice dept. in both the state of Wisc. and the federal level. I certainly hope that both Steven and Brendon receive new trials.

Netflix movie suggestion

This documentary has to be a black eye to anyone associated with the justice dept. in both the state of Wisc. and the federal level. I certainly hope that both Steven and Brendon receive new trials.

Without giving any spoilers to anyone wanting to watch this--it is so well done but-- but --but--
It is hard to recommend watching this when I have to use these words about how I feel after watching it:

Disgusted
Infuriated
Frustrated.

At long last is there anyone in the state of Wisconsin who will call out the really horrible people who made this happen?! Shameful.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We enjoyed this series: The Assets (DVD and streaming)
CIA counterintelligence expert Sandy Grimes is assigned a vital mission: identify the Soviet mole thought to be operating within the agency itself. In this fact-based thriller, Grimes and her assistant race against time to hunt down the lethal agent.
The main actress played in Broadchurch.

You might want to watch the show before seeing this link but for me it was more interesting to read while seeing the show. You can see some of the real life info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldrich_Ames

Last edited:
Just saw MAX... Pretty good, worth a watch, but I'm glad I rented it VIA NetFlix and didn't buy it.

History of the Eagles was good. Three hours long. I didn't realize how much Joe Walsh was the Spicoli of rock 'n' roll!

I didn't realize how much Joe Walsh was the Spicoli of rock 'n' roll!

Since Fast Times came out after the Eagles broke up Joe was already a pop stoner archetype. Maybe Sean Penn used him as his model (kinda like Johnny Depp used Keith Richards).

The series "OCCUPIED" s very good on streaming.

Near future where the USA is self sufficient on oil and has pulled out of NATO and the Middle East. Wars in the Middle East mean no oil production and a new Green Party has been voted into power in Norway where they have stopped all their oil production following development of a new power generation source with extremely low emissions. Russia and the EU want Norway to re-start oil production....

Good political thriller .....

Started watching Occupied, only halfway through the season. Very different from most political thrillers. But only if you enjoy subtitles....guess it'll keep me from being lazy.

Started watching Occupied, only halfway through the season. Very different from most political thrillers. But only if you enjoy subtitles....guess it'll keep me from being lazy.
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned the subtitles. I watch a lot of foreign drama.

"Best of Enemies" recounts the 1968 televised debates between William F. Buckley and Gore Vidal. It avoids preaching while adroitly suggesting via extensive period footage the origin of the current tenor of political discourse on TV.

+1 on Best of Enemies.

Also, a good downhome rainy day armchair adventure: Unbranded.
Four young horsemen ride and herd mustangs they selected and trained from Mexico to Canada.
Plenty of beautiful countryside, trials and triumphs, and young egos.
Commentary also on western land management and the dilemma of what to do about 50,000 wild horses.

Just finished 100 and started x files from season 1. Interesting
We were HBO showtime junkies dexter, nurse Jackie, californacation, entourage, I can go on and on. Sunday night 8 pm something always was on, If I had to pick one of the best shows "breaking bad", that really was a neat series !! And it is on Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom