Netflix movie or show suggestion

Halt and Catch Fire - (second favorite) A drama that follows a computer prodigy, a visionary, and engineers through startups and failures. The show begins in the 1980's and progresses, so far to the 1990s, from BBS's to the World Wide Web. Full of nostalgia for anyone who followed tech throughout this period.
Our PVR was set to record all new episodes and we got that 2 hour Premier last weekend. What a treat.

We are watching "The Killing " .It holds our interest but I want to punch out the female detective regularly .

Wanted to watch the original The Nutty Professor, but it wasn't there!

Just saw 'Brad's Status' at a theater. Maybe not on Netflix yet. I liked this movie a lot. It's about a middle aged married guy who is feeling inferior to his college classmates as far as career success. Well acted. Has a 'feel' all its own. The actor Ben Stiller plays the guy who is feeling inferior. Stiller's son is applying to colleges. Brings back that whole angst thing of where to apply, what to major in, how much it will cost, what you will 'do' with your degree, that many of us have experienced in our lives. Enjoyed this film from beginning to end.

Mindhunters..not exactly light viewing, but some great insights about the beginning of the FBI's profilers. A great cast but I find it a little too dark to binge...

Watched/watching “Broadchurch” (mentioned earlier I think) & “The Five.” Both are excellent crime dramas.

Also, waiting with great anticipation for the next season of “Stranger Things.”

Glitch - an Australian zombie movie. Second season out now.

Fortitude - some strange things are going on in an arctic community.

Hulu has Line of Duty, a police show that is suspenseful and unbelievably good.

Glitch - an Australian zombie movie. Second season out now.

I watched the first season when it came out. Is the second season any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

The Stranger

This is a Korean crime drama/thriller. There is police/prosecutors office corruption, so it’s pretty complex.

We started watching because we knew the lead female from Sense8, and maybe the lead male put in an appearance there too.

In Korean with captions, so you really have to pay attention to the captions at times, but the deadpan male lead character doesn’t say much so it’s not so bad, LOL!

Beautfully filmed. We are very really enjoying it. Fascinating view into South Korean culture as well as just a down right excellent crime drama with lots of layers.

Last edited:

In Korean with captions, so you really have to pay attention to the captions at times, but the deadpan male lead character doesn’t say much so it’s not so bad, LOL!

I sure wish there was a push to get English language dubbing. With all the tech out there it should be easier nowadays.

I'm a slow reader and yet very graphically oriented, so I really need to see that picture and not have a high percentage of the scene be lost to reading the lines.

There is one subtitled series I've kind of enjoyed: Midnight Diner, Tokyo Stories

Last edited:
I sure wish there was a push to get English language dubbing. With all the tech out there it should be easier nowadays.

I'm a slow reader and yet very graphically oriented, so I really need to see that picture and not have a high percentage of the scene be lost to reading the lines.

There is one subtitled series I've kind of enjoyed: Midnight Diner, Tokyo Stories

You probably would have to paused and rewind occasionally. We have during some complicated dialog, but it’s been worth it!

If you enjoyed Mindhunter you might also like Manhunt which feels like a Mindhunter sequel set about 20 years later.

MUDbound is a story about the deep south during/after ww2. Black and white conflicts are hard go watch. The ending is quite brutal, with kkk involvement. The movie is well acted.

Just saw 'Darkest Hour' about Churchill during the beginning of WW2. Enjoyed it. It's all indoors. Almost no military scenes.

Back
Top Bottom