Netflix movie or show suggestion

anyone watching altered carbon?

Just saw this.

I liked the first season of ‘Altered Carbon.’ I’d recommend it (see post #1070 above); see post #1071 for an alternate view.

It’s based on books by Richard Morgan, which he wrote 20 yrs ago. I’m hoping it goes the full 5 seasons. Here’s info on its history; I especially like Morgan’s description of the discussion that prompted him to write the books.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/feb/13/altered-carbon-author-richard-morgan-violence-netflix

There are also some good reviews of the series in the Guardian.

I'm about done with season 1. Been watching an episode or so a night.

Netflix

My favorite new find on Netflix is Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, hosted by Jerry Seinfeld. It’s a hoot. Love it...:LOL:

He may not everyone's cup of tea, but wifey and I enjoyed Russell Peters - Notorious. Standup comedy routine. He somehow is raunchy w/o being too offensive.

Not Netflix but available to most. Started watching 'The Son' on AMC. Series debuted in 2017 but it's available via VOD if you have access to the channel. I'm into westerns so its my cup of tea.

I Tonya, a movie about Tonya Harding, the Olympic figure skater. I liked it. Interesting camera work. Engaging and funny characters. Great ice skating scenes. Best acting was done by Tonya's mother and the hit man.

I Tonya, a movie about Tonya Harding, the Olympic figure skater. I liked it. Interesting camera work. Engaging and funny characters. Great ice skating scenes. Best acting was done by Tonya's mother and the hit man.

Hmm, not seeing "I, Tonya" on Netflix

I believe Suspects is on Acorn. We liked 800 Words on Acorn. We are currently watching Inspector George Gently on Acorn, after finishing Vera, both of which are very good. We are also watching Fearless on Amazon Prime and it's pretty good so far.

On Netflix, we really loved Shetland and Hinterland.

Love Heart Guy! Australia makes some damn fine TV shows. We've been watching McCallum on Acorn. A little bleak, but I like John Hannah.

Hmm, not seeing "I, Tonya" on Netflix

Sorry bout that. You're right. But I recommend seeing it on the Big Screen anyway since the camera work is so good, on and off the ice. It was worth the $8 I paid to see it. Ans just a note : the only footage of the real Tonya on skates comes during the credits after the show.

Love Heart Guy! Australia makes some damn fine TV shows. We've been watching McCallum on Acorn. A little bleak, but I like John Hannah.

Yes, we've really enjoyed Rake, 800 Words, The Heart Guy, City Homicide and A Place to Call Home.

Yes, we've really enjoyed Rake, 800 Words, The Heart Guy, City Homicide and A Place to Call Home.

Loved Rake and we're currently watching East of Everything that the Rake star is in. Looking forward to checking out 800 Words and City Homicide. Thanks for the suggestions!

If you like intrigue and a tangled web of mystery, highly recommend "Babylon Berlin." Every episode is better than the last. There's history I did not know about the Russian revolutionaries, but don't let that interfere with the complex plot line and excellent character development. I"m on episode 6, and still trying to connect the dots as it keeps getting richer in complexity.

Back
Top Bottom