Never leave this forum open on your computer

WanderALot

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW knows I've read this forum and she's pretty much on board with our semi ER plans. She has always said that she'd like to continue her job (teacher) till she's at least 50 which is about 15 years away. She had a bit of frustrating day at work and wanted to veg a bit so started started reading some threads on this board. Now, she's thinking .. "Man, those guys are right, I think I want to quit a lot earlier."

Thanks a lot.

DW knows I've read this forum and she's pretty much on board with our semi ER plans. She has always said that she'd like to continue her job (teacher) till she's at least 50 which is about 15 years away. She had a bit of frustrating day at work and wanted to veg a bit so started started reading some threads on this board. Now, she's thinking .. "Man, those guys are right, I think I want to quit a lot earlier."

Thanks a lot.
You're quite welcome. She can even join - she sounds like she has the right spirit! :greetings10:

:D It sounds like a great time to chat about "what you want out of life" and what you are willing to do to obtain it?

Not bad in my mind as my spouse isn't interested in that much as she has her dream job... Stay at Home Mom with access to minivan and ATM card. :facepalm:

Hey, Lets dont pile up on Wander here. I assume she is a teacher working toward a pension. That takes a heck of a lot of saving and penny pinching to give up one of those. Hold your ground and keep her to her original promise. ER was your idea, not hers :)

Now all you have to do is make it happen.

DW has "been there, done that".

We gave up a lot of potential income when she quit her government job to make the move to WV and she did have some angst about doing that. Both of us did, but me to a lesser extent. It works for us because I have a pension and I took a spousal benefit option on it so that she has a COLA'd income and medical insurance after I get "The Big Ache". Yes, that was a heavy hit on the pension but the quality of life is worth it.

As has been discussed before we found that once the basics are paid for a bigger income doesn't make us all that much happier. Traveling the world, the 40-meter yacht, Benzes, mcmansion, etc. were never priorities for us. She has what she wants most - an intact roof overhead, a full pantry, a reliable car, and time to spend with friends and family. She does not go shopping as a form of entertainment and in fact prefers to order clothes (when hers have holes in them) from catalogs/online to avoid dealing with stores.

She is, in fact, more excited about being able to give her nephew and his wife a new camera to take pictures of their children than she is about what to do for her birthday later this month. But I guess that's why I married her.

Never leave this forum open on your computer.
Thanks a lot.
We've had much worse than that happen to others who left their computer logged into the forum.

I always try to post here as if my spouse was reading over my shoulder. Isn't that right, honey?

Well, she's back to normal now since she had a good day at work! :)

She's a wonderful teacher that makes a positive difference in her student's lives. She'll probably end up sharing a contract by the time she's 40-45.

W*rking is overated :). Especially a stressful j*b.

Back
Top Bottom