Never pay for Pasta again? $500 lifetime Pasta eating :)

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Wow. Olive Garden offering a $500 lifetime unlimited Pasta eating, with Soup and Breadsticks. So, you can go to Olive Garden everyday and eat until you die. I'll pass .. I'll probably gain 200 lbs :D:LOL::D For those with super-fast metabolism and are always thin .. I guess this is for you

At least for $500 and you live very near an Olive Garden, you can retire .. and guaranteed you have food to eat :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...Wxb1vJyzxegOvcP_W7gxt1ffhp5EpSvD5G0b2eJyDGcFo

$500 sounds too cheap, but surely they've done the math. I suppose it's not a "stretch Pasta Pass" of which I can make a grandchild beneficiary.

Wow. Olive Garden offering a $500 lifetime unlimited Pasta eating, with Soup and Breadsticks. So, you can go to Olive Garden everyday and eat until you die. I'll pass .. I'll probably gain 200 lbs :D:LOL::D For those with super-fast metabolism and are always thin .. I guess this is for you

At least for $500 and you live very near an Olive Garden, you can retire .. and guaranteed you have food to eat :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...Wxb1vJyzxegOvcP_W7gxt1ffhp5EpSvD5G0b2eJyDGcFo

Haven’t set foot in OG in a decade. Didn’t care for it, although others love it. Don’t know if I’d ever go back, even if they PAID me 500 bucks!

$500 sounds too cheap, but surely they've done the math. I suppose it's not a "stretch Pasta Pass" of which I can make a grandchild beneficiary.

They are limiting it to only 50 people - so great publicity and they limit their downside

Not that you’re serious, but this seems like an act of desperation. You’ll spend $500 and they’ll be out of business in short order.

Not that you’re serious, but this seems like an act of desperation. You’ll spend $500 and they’ll be out of business in short order.

Hardly. Darden Restaurants' earnings are up 19.6% YOY and Olive Garden same-store sales are up 3.9%. It's marketing.

I guess if Darden backs it. But not sure that means OG is on solid ground.

I would rather my Italian friends think I was a notorious hit-man who cheats on his wife and beat up school kids, than an Italian-American who eats at Olive Garden.

$500 for lifetime is a heck of a good deal. You can eat just salad, and do not have to overload on pasta. I have not been to OG in many years, but do not recall them being that bad compared to other Italian places that I visited.

Would not try to get a pass though. Only 50 available to who knows how many people trying, so the chance is not great.

Desperation? I don't think so. They are limiting it to 50 people, so for $25,000 that is pretty effective marketing. This will be shared by media, on social media, in the news, it'll be everywhere even though there is fine print.

Edit: Google shows 15,700 hits on "Google $500 Card"

Brilliant marketing.

Attachments

• OG.jpg
    OG.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I can seeing buying the pass and then they leave your city:)). I like their food but only eat there twice a year because it’s not good for you.

And this doesn't go [-]on sale[/-] until 8/15. This thing will be sold out in about 2.5 seconds.

Edit: Not sure what the "waiting room" is, but that is what will open on 8/15

Attachments

• OG21.jpg
    OG21.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
They are way smarter about this than I am. To even *qualify* to *maybe* get this, you HAVE to buy the 9 week $100 pass. THEN you can *try* and buy the lifetime one *if* you are the first 50 to get in. They are going to make a LOT of money with this.

In order to be eligible to purchase the Lifetime Pasta Pass, you must purchase the $100, 9 week Pasta Pass. During checkout, make sure you check the Lifetime Pasta Pass opt in box for the opportunity to purchase the Lifetime Pasta Pass. Of the Pasta Passholders who opted-in, the first 50 who completed their purchase will be eligible to upgrade their Pasta Pass to a Lifetime Pasta Pass. If you are one of the 50 Passholders, you will receive an email on Friday, 8/16 and will have 48 hours from the time the email is delivered to complete the additional $400 purchase to secure your Lifetime Pasta Pass.

I remember that last year, they said the regular 9-week unlimited pasta passes were sold in a matter of seconds. Now, I can see a lot of people fumbling trying to check out quick to get to the screen that offers the additional lifetime option.

It is impossible to get, else I would spend the $500 as a cheap insurance. :)

I already have a motorhome that I have repeatedly said that it would be my housing of last resort. Now, all I have to do is to find an OG that's walking distance from a Walmart where I will park my motorhome, and I am set. I will always be protected from the weather, and will always have food. :LOL:

I would rather my Italian friends think I was a notorious hit-man who cheats on his wife and beat up school kids, than an Italian-American who eats at Olive Garden.

Yeah OG not a true serious Italian restaurant, but they keep the prices just low enough and the quality just high enough mixed in with great service, so it is real popular among the non Italian crowd by us.

Eh, when things get really bad and people are standing in soup lines, they will eye people dining in OG with envy. ;)

Desperation? I don't think so. They are limiting it to 50 people, so for $25,000 that is pretty effective marketing. This will be shared by media, on social media, in the news, it'll be everywhere even though there is fine print.

Edit: Google shows 15,700 hits on "Google $500 Card"

Brilliant marketing.

Just today I have already seen this on 3 different news outlets. Look at all the free advertising they are getting (including here). Plus they will take in $2.4 million from the $100 passes. And, realistically, how many of those folks will go alone? And how many will order a drink (beer, soda)? I bet, if you run the numbers (and I am sure they have), their worst case scenario is they break even on all the passes, and get millions of dollars in free advertising.

Pretty smart.

If I was lucky enough to purchase the pass, and went every day, I'm sure I'd die sooner than normal, and they wouldn't lose that much $ on me! Lots of fat in those yummy breadsticks! The salad dressing doesn't do anything for me.

Never pay for Pasta again? $500 lifetime Pasta eating 😊

Teacher Terry said:
I can seeing buying the pass and then they leave your city:)). I like their food but only eat there twice a year because it’s not good for you.

Agreed. A paisano of mine took Don Achile to the OG for dinner on night. Two days later he was found in the OG parking lot with two broken legs. We figure the pasta sauce gave him bad gas causing him to buckle over and fall. What else could it be?

Last edited:
Eh, when things get really bad and people are standing in soup lines, they will eye people dining in OG with envy. ;)

...and according to some threads here, it could be any day now! :LOL:

So, here's the problem - if things get really bad, will OG have enough regular paying customers to stay in business?

Wouldn't that suck and be ironic if they closed - lifetime pasta but nowhere to get it.

Back
Top Bottom