New car already key scratched

Definitely sucks. Only had a car keyed once and it was almost certainly by an unhappy ex-girlfriend. (We were definitely on a break!!) Not something that happens much around these parts fortunately but parking lots do happen. DW has only ever seen cars as a mode of transportation and never thought much of bumping them into the pillars in the underground parking at work (which granted, has some ridiculously tight spots). She really doesn't like to drive the newest vehicle which she complains keeps yelling at her when she gets close to walls, pillars and whatnot - I see this as one of the best new features in cars and 4 months in we are still scrape free.

I drove DHs car to the bank to pay off the loan. It was a 3 year loan that we were paying off about a year early so I felt really good about doing it. Came out to the parking lot and there was a brand new crease along the rear passenger side. Obviously a sloppy driver who parked too close.

I'm sure karma has paid him/her back by now.

I refuse to be denied a nice new car (or anything else) because I'm afraid some (AH) will scratch it or worse. It only happened to me once and to be honest, I'm glad I didn't see it happen.

+1... I would rather have nice things and get pissed that someone will scratch it than not have nice things at all...

Title of the thread alone, without knowing the details, made me utter "ah, wow". Disappointing to say the least. I second rubbing compound, if the scratch is not too deep (being sure to follow the instructions carefully). RC worked great on a few self-imposed scratches on the bumper. Also think it's a great idea to see if the dealer will buff it out for you, given you just bought it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom