New Computer purchase 2010

Ew! Ew! Is this what you are referring to?

Vizio Razor M370NV Review - Flat-panel TVs - CNET Reviews

How did it work out... resolutionwise? I am very interest in a monitor that size.

That's the one. The resolution as a computer monitor and as a TV are both excellent. There is no flickering, and no pixelation of the text at all. And with all of the inputs available on the TV you can switch from computer monitor to TV in 3 key strokes on the remote.

And what I love most (besides the gigantic size) is that the LED produces no heat, so it is very cost efficient to run.

That's the one. The resolution as a computer monitor and as a TV are both excellent. There is no flickering, and no pixelation of the text at all. And with all of the inputs available on the TV you can switch from computer monitor to TV in 3 key strokes on the remote.

And what I love most (besides the gigantic size) is that the LED produces no heat, so it is very cost efficient to run.

Terrific!

At that size, is it run from your recliner eight feet across the room... or from your computer chair about 30" away?

I'd be tempted to have the same pixels I'm using now magnified to 2.6 times the area, and put away my reading glasses.

At that size, is it run from your recliner eight feet across the room... or from your computer chair about 30" away?

I'd be tempted to have the same pixels I'm using now magnified to 2.6 times the area, and put away my reading glasses.

It's my work monitor so is about 36" from me. I do business process development work and use Visio and ProVision so the big screen has upped my productivity a lot.

When I'm watching it as a TV I'm in the recliner about eight ft away.

How big is the default browser text on that thing? Must be huge - I may even be able to read a screen like that without my glasses!

It's my work monitor so is about 36" from me. I do business process development work and use Visio and ProVision so the big screen has upped my productivity a lot.
When I'm watching it as a TV I'm in the recliner about eight ft away.
Very nice. Thank you.

I'm going to have to find a try-before-you-buy retail outlet... I wonder if they'd let me plug in my laptop.

Very nice. Thank you.

I'm going to have to find a try-before-you-buy retail outlet... I wonder if they'd let me plug in my laptop.

I would think just about any retail store would let you return it if it doesn't work for you. We bought ours at WalMart and they have a no questions asked refund policy as long as it is returned with the receipt within a specified period of time.

How big is the default browser text on that thing? Must be huge - I may even be able to read a screen like that without my glasses!

My default text is about an inch, but what makes the real difference is the brightness of the screen. It doesn't have a gray cast like a lot of monitors do; the whites are a pure white which is much easier for me to read.

I've gotten so spoiled on it that I dread having to read my laptop screen when I'm away from the house.

Finally I have made a decision (see below).
I still need a monitor but things seemed pricy on the Dell web site. Maybe I will shop elsewhere. Lots of Black Friday deals out there but not one that I can warm up to.
I still need a monitor. Maybe a 23"?
$599 + tax from the Dell retail web site.

Free to canoe

Catalog Number: 29 DDDOZZ1 Module DescriptionShow Details
Inspiron 580SInspiron 580S
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
ProcessorsIntel® Core™ i3-550 processor(4MB Cache, 3.20GHz)
Memory6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz- 3 DIMMs
KeyboardDell USB Entry Keyboard
MonitorNo Monitor
Video CardIntegrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Hard Drive1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
MouseDell USB Optical Mouse
Network CardIntegrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
ModemNo Modem Option
Optical Drives16X DVD+/-RW Drive
SoundIntegrated 7.1 Channel Audio
SpeakersNo Speaker Option
Security SoftwareMcAfee SecurityCenter, 15-Months
Service2 Year Basic Service Plan
Service 1Dell Online Backup 2GB for 1 year

I still need a monitor. Maybe a 23"?
I'm lovin' my Samsung SyncMaster 2333 that Dell was giving away with some Vostro desktops a year ago. The price was right but it's probably hopelessly outdated today.

I'm lovin' my Samsung SyncMaster 2333 that Dell was giving away with some Vostro desktops a year ago. The price was right but it's probably hopelessly outdated today.

This was a good starting point in my monitor research.

I ended up with a Dell ST2310. $170 + tax.
They emailed me a 15% coupon after I bought the monitor. I wish they would have sent it before.

Thanks again for the help. For some reason this was a high involvement decision for me. I think I spent more time on this than shopping for a new car.

Free to canoe

Back
Top Bottom