New Internet Explorer Beta

Bimmerbill

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone else trying it out?
I like it so far.
The multiple home pages is pretty slick.

whaddaya mean multiple hoem pages?

I'm guessing he means tabs -- like firefox.

I'll stick with firefox.

Coach

last time I installed a "beta" version of something from Microsoft, I had to reinstall my operating system to fix the problems it created. Other than that, sure, I'd love to try IE beta. ::)

Bobby Bouchet's momma said it best: "Bill Gates is the Devil!"

Seriously, use Firefox and you'll be safer. IE is too big of a target and MS has a long history of reacting too slowly to threats to make it a trustworthy platform.

Naw, I'm a slave to Microsoft. I figured the tab thing was a rip off from Firefox, but never used firefox.

I enjoy reinstalling my OS every few months. I guess thats why I work in IT hehe.

If I still had a 'banger machine' running, i'd try it, but I didnt see anything in the feature list that i'm not getting right now with firefox, so i'll let someone else be the guys with the arrows in their backs pioneers...

Darn, I thought this meant that IE6 was finally out of beta...

Heh, tough crowd. (Posted using FireFox.)

When I get some time I'll use the free version of VMWare Server to install a WinXP image and try out IE7 beta, but I'm busy packing and burying bodiestying up loose ends at work.

Bimmerbill, have you used the RSS feature yet? I think it's called "My Feeds" in IE7. This site should lite up your icon.

Yeah, it does light up the icon, but doesnt work:

I get the following error:

valign="top"> More information

Supported feed formats

ATOM 0.3, 1.0
RSS 0.91, 0.92
RSS 1.0

rss feeds huh? i jeard somethign about that a while back and have been waiting for it to be implemented....im gonna go do some research (while at work, using firefox ::) )

That's odd...valign="top" shouldn't have anything to do with RSS. Wonder what IE7 is up to? I'll have to check it out...maybe this weekend.

thefed said:
rss feeds huh? i jeard somethign about that a while back and have been waiting for it to be implemented....im gonna go do some research (while at work, using firefox ::) )

I've tested it in FireFox...the RSS bookmark thingy works.

Lately I've been using Opera . It has most of the firefox featues (like security and tabbed browsing) and it's a lot faster and leaner.

I like Firefox's features, and that it's open, but there are a few things that really bug me. Like the memory usage, crashes, and pdf plugin sluggishness.

For example, I just ran a quick test on the two browsers, both with 6 tabs open to the same pages. Firefox is using 2x the memory. Opera feels snappier too. So, if you're on an older machine you might want to give it a try.

thefed said:
rss feeds huh?
www.bloglines.com is a good way to follow RSS feeds like this board. Since your status is maintained on the bloglines server you can catch up from any computer. I follow a fair number of blogs -- this one is very high on the daily post count.

Back
Top Bottom