Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
The NIE report is in line with what the International Atomic Energy Agency has stated as it pertains to Iran's nuclear program.

If I recall correctly the International Atomic Energy Agency is the same organization who tried to tell Old George W that Iraq did NOT have nuclear weapons. Just think about how many lives would have been saved and how many innocent people would not have been maimed and wounded. Maybe OUR TROOPS would not be in Iraq right now if Old George W had listen to the voices of reason.

With this being said I hope that the Congress and the American people will say NO to Old George W, Cheney, the Neacons and the advocators of WAR when they start talking about the World War III scenario as it pertains to Iran's having a nuclear program.

Why is it that the U.S can have nukes but yet the U.S does not want anyone else to have them? History already shows that the U.S is the only country who has ever used the nuclear bomb on another country. Does anyone remember the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan?

GOD BLESS
The intel report is FOUR YEARS OLD!!! Anyone else see a problem with that fact?? 2003 intelin 2007 is "old news"........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
electricty is a luxury when they can get it,
I heard an interview of someone who worked on the electrical supply system in Iraq. Here's the deal:

Yes, electricity is rationed in Bagdad, they have less than they had under Saddam. Of course you can stop there if it reinforces what you want to believe, but the interviewee went on....

He said the *reason* that there was less electricity being distributed in Bagdad, was that they were trying to distribute it more *evenly* to areas outside of Bagdad. When Saddam ran things, the people outside of Bagdad were very low priority.

Sounds kinda.... democratic, when you learn the facts.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
Wags is not one to be confused by facts! His mind is made up! Can you say TROL!
Please keep the insults to yourself.

For all of you who are willing to keep on believing the lies and the half truths that come from Old George W and his gang I say remember the lead up to the Iraq War. Iran is NOT Iraq.

Rustic23 as for being confused one can only wonder why those supporters of Old George W and the advocators of war continue to support a confused Commander in Chief who is building his so called legacy on the blood and deaths of OUR TROOPS and of the Iraqi people. Plain and simple Old George W should never have attacked Iraq (no connection to 9/11 as Old George W and Cheney stated). Wrong War at the Wrong Time.

If the supporters of and advocators of WAR believe so much in the Old George W's doctrine and in his failed policies please do not let the advocators of peace get in your way as you all go down to the nearest recruiting office to sign up/volunteer to go fight in Iraq. Just like in the case of Old George W it might be safe to say that not all will go to the table to eat.

GOD BLESS
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Please keep the insults to yourself.
I've played fair, you should try it also.......

Quote:
For all of you who are willing to keep on believing the lies and the half truths that come from Old George W and his gang I say remember the lead up to the Iraq War. Iran is NOT Iraq.
You REALLY believe this stuff hook,line, and sinker,don't you? Man, what bitterness..........

Quote:
Rustic23 as for being confused one can only wonder why those supporters of Old George W and the advocators of war continue to support a confused Commander in Chief who is building his so called legacy on the blood and deaths of OUR TROOPS and of the Iraqi people. Plain and simple Old George W should never have attacked Iraq (no connection to 9/11 as Old George W and Cheney stated). Wrong War at the Wrong Time.
Funny how folks like you never mention Afghanistan........maybe that's the "inconvenient War"........

Quote:
If the supporters of and advocators of WAR believe so much in the Old George W's doctrine and in his failed policies please do not let the advocators of peace get in your way as you all go down to the nearest recruiting office to sign up/volunteer to go fight in Iraq. Just like in the case of Old George W it might be safe to say that not all will go to the table to eat.
This country has fought many wars in its history, and many of them were questioned. Why do I feel you would be the first one screaming if another 9/11 event happens??

Old 12-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Wags...... I mean this in good spirit, but you are such a hypocrit. You say "keep the insults to yourself.". Yet, you dish them out again and again.

I don't mind your posts. I've even supported you a couple of times. But, if you can't take the return fire, don't dish it out yourself.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #26

Thanks for your input.

I will take them for what they are worth. Nothing.

If you do not want to hear or read my views please put me on the ignore list. I am sure that new guy and myself will not lose any sleep over it.

GOD BLESS
Old 12-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Thanks for your input.

If you do not want to hear or read my views please put me on the ignore list. I am sure that new guy and myself will not lose any sleep over it.

GOD BLESS
Sorry, I don't understand. What is this about new guy and yourself sleeping together? What does your personal relationship with new guy have to do with anything. Inappropriate to this board IMO.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
Since you bring up North Korea, here is what others say as to North Korean nuclear shutdown:

U.S. Experts To Start North Korea Nuclear Shutdown By Nov.5 | December 6, 2007 | AHN

North Korea nuclear shutdown confirmed by UN - tech - 18 July 2007 - New Scientist Tech

What do you say about the info in the above links? Do these facts sway you at all?

No response from you Wags to this set of facts? They must be an inconvenient truth for you.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #29

[quote=youbet;585399]Sorry, I don't understand. What is this about new guy and yourself sleeping together? What does your personal relationship with new guy have to do with anything. Inappropriate to this board IMO.[/quote

Get real I did not say anything about new guy and myself sleeping together. Your assumption is what is inappropriate and in poor taste.

GOD BLESS
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Thanks for your input.

If you do not want to hear or read my views please put me on the ignore list. I am sure that new guy and myself will not lose any sleep over it.GOD BLESS
As long as you are civil about it, you can post your views on here. However, you should be prepared to answer those who question your posts.

I for one have seen very little "meat" to your posts.

Plus, the "God Bless" is getting annoying, as I know you really don't mean it.........it's like when strangers tell you "Have a nice day".........most of them don't mean it either............

Maybe you and newguy and boobear are all different personalities,like the book "Sybil"..........

Old 12-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yes, per the NIE Iran halted it's nuclear program in 2003. I hope that this will keep Old George W, Cheney, the Neacons and the advocators of war from getting the U.S into a prolonged WAR that we can not WIN. There's no more troops to send. As it is they are going on multiple deployments.

As for other people halting their nuclear programs, Mr. Kim in North Korea has not and instead some countries may view having the nuke as a sure way of not having the U.S attack them. The current negotations with N. Korea are just some of the same of the old tactics used by Mr. Kim. He is only buying time.

As for the U.S striking a blow for human freedom and human rights in Iraq that remains to be seen. Let's see Iraq is in CHAOS and it's citizen's live in constant fear of getting killed, maimed, wounded or raped by the terrorist, U.S Forces and their own government. They are prisoners in their own homes. I forgot they do not have drinking water, sewage is running in the streets. electricty is a luxury when they can get it, there is high unemployment, medical system is a fisaco, the government heads which the U.S installed are incompetent, etc...etc..., etc....

The only ones that have benefited from the Iraq War are Haliburton, Black Water, the oil companies, the defense contractors, the lobbyists, corrupt Iraqi government officials, etc..., etc....

I forgot to mention that the Iraq War has resulted in about 3800 plus of OUR TROOPS being killed, an estimated 25000 plus of OUR TROOPS being maimed and wounded and an estimated 500000 plus of the Iraqi people being killed, wounded, and maimed. When will the killing stop?

Again I ask why is it that the U.S can have nukes but yet the U.S does not want anyone else to have them? History already shows that the U.S is the only country who has ever used the nuclear bomb on another country. Does anyone remember the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan?

GOD BLESS
Over 50,000 troops died in Vietnam.......why don't you comment on that...........

Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post

Maybe you and newguy and boobear are all different personalities,like the book "Sybil"..........
Wait a minute. In the book/movie 'Sybil', weren't they *different* personalities, not all the same?

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Wait a minute. In the book/movie 'Sybil', weren't they *different* personalities, not all the same?
-ERD50
Yeah, but they all use the same IP address........

Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #34
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

LOL!

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
LOL!
LOL Martyb, This USA today article "Army Leaders Push to Shorten Iraq Tours", might give you something to smile about

Army leaders push to shorten Iraq tours - USATODAY.com

It is great news if they can convince the powers to be to shorten the tours. I am sure that our men and women would appreciate it.

GOD BLESS
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #36

This Christian Science Monitor Article "Iraq's Sadr Uses Lull to Rebuilt Army"
Iraq's Sadr uses lull to rebuild Army | csmonitor.com

If this article is correct then maybe the troops will not be coming home as soon or their deployments will not be cut by a few months.

GOD BLESS
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.