New Year's Eve plans?

Today we did our customary New Years Eve Day walk -- about 4 miles to downtown. We go in shops along the way looking for post Christmas bargains and get a treat to eat somewhere. Then we take the subway back with just 1.25 miles to walk at the end. Tomorrow will be cold and windy so we did it today.

We used to spend New Years Eve with friends but after 2 years of all of us waking up to the sound of firecrackers at midnight, we decided to call it quits. We'll have champagne with bread, cheese and fruit at home.

Probably hang out at home and do what comes naturally. Maybe I'll just be a cheap date after a small bottle of champagne.:cool:
I may cook up something special, or it may be pepperoni pizza on a Boboli.
I used to party very hearty back in the day. But I need to save my brain cells and liver for my golden years. ^-^
Self Inflicted update - dh2b reminded me we have some bona fide Puerto Rican rum from our 2006 cruise just collecting dust. He now has a shopping list with pineapple juice, grenadine, lime juice, ripe bananas and frozen strawberries on it.
Woohooo - it's blender time. I make killer tropical fruit rum drinks. :D
I guess I have to scratch off a few brain cells for 2008.

Rats - a sad day. Ah the memories.

Pre Katrina - drive over the Parish line, load up on fireworks. Put chairs out on the back deck after dark and have a 'keep up with the Jones's' fireworks duel off our respective piers(you are never too old for this) with Buzzy to left and/or Ron to the right. Then at midnight try to see Slidell, La Comb or New Orleans - on the river fireworks.

Post Katrina - trade 'Hoppin John' and pork Po-Boy creations with the neighbors and watch New Years on cable.

heh heh heh - fried cabbage, black eyed peas, and pork chops - with some New Orleans Tiger Sauce at the ready(aka hot sauce). :cool:. And I don't get to watch cause it's her secret receipe!

Self Inflicted update - dh2b reminded me we have some bona fide Puerto Rican rum from our 2006 cruise just collecting dust. He now has a shopping list with pineapple juice, grenadine, lime juice, ripe bananas and frozen strawberries on it.
Woohooo - it's blender time. I make killer tropical fruit rum drinks. :D
I guess I have to scratch off a few brain cells for 2008.

This is no good to me without the proportions of the recipe! But it is sounding pretty darned good right now, even guessing!

Mmm, that concoction sounds great freebird! All you need now are grapes, a palm leaf and ....

Kind of reminds me of a party I had many years ago. We all were drinking strawberry margaritas. After a while, I ran out of strawberries, but found some canned peaches and that worked. After the canned peaches were gone, I searched frantically, but could only find green beans. Nah, we didn't go there. But it was a fun night! We were all soused, but everyone stayed at my place. That was when we were young enough to sleep on the floor and was able to get up in the a.m. without help from someone else. :p

Mmm, that concoction sounds great freebird! All you need now are grapes, a palm leaf and ....

Kind of reminds me of a party I had many years ago. We all were drinking strawberry margaritas. After a while, I ran out of strawberries, but found some canned peaches and that worked. After the canned peaches were gone, I searched frantically, but could only find green beans. Nah, we didn't go there. But it was a fun night! We were all soused, but everyone stayed at my place. That was when we were young enough to sleep on the floor and was able to get up in the a.m. without help from someone else. :p

OMG, I remember running out of ginger ale, and mixing the sloe gin with cheap wine.

OK, I was surfing the net for some fun party game ideas, in case the New Year's Party I am going to needs a little pizzazz. This was one that was suggested to me.

OMG, can't stop laughing!

YouTube - Wild Women of Whippoorwill

So that's when the fireworks begin, huh? :)

That's the time I used to START my New Year's Eve party. Once we went through 2 half barrels and 4 gallons of wine in 3 hours, then 2 cases of champagne............:duh:

Simple Girl, that is the party game they had at the "Passion Party" I went to a few months ago. It is VERY funny to watch and participate in!

simple girl....that video is not only hysterical, but familiar! :eek:....:D....:p

simple girl....that video is not only hysterical, but familiar! :eek:....:D....:p

Looks like a mild form of role playing to me, on an innocent level.......:angel:

OK, I was surfing the net for some fun party game ideas, in case the New Year's Party I am going to needs a little pizzazz. This was one that was suggested to me.

OMG, can't stop laughing!
HOW do you find this stuff? My face hurts from laughing.

The blender recipe - there is none. Just eye ball it. :D
I learned this basic concoction from watching the bartenders making tropical drinks on a cruise ship.

Fill blender glass vessel 1/4 full of ice cubes.
Add 1 shot of rum (or vodka) per person per blender mix for a mild buzz, 2 shots per person if you want to be in rocket mode ;)
Add a small handfull of sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (1/4 cup?)
Add 1 ripe banana, cut up into 1" chunks.
Add a dash of lime juice (1/2 tsp max), more if you like a tart taste.
Add a dash of Triple Sec (1 Tblsp max)
Blend using Grind setting to break up ice and the fruit chunks.
Add pineapple juice, leaving about 3 inches of room at the top.
Use frappe setting for about 30 seconds, or until you can't hear any ice chunks hitting the blades.
Serve in chilled tall glasses with a large straw and put chunks of pineapple on a skewer or twizzler stick. Pour a very small amount of grenadine in.

Notes:
Place blender in freezer until ready for the next round. :cool:
Do not add sugar, pineapple juice is sweet enough.
If no pineapple juice on hand, substitute a can of pineapple chunks including the packing juice.
Use OJ as a substitute juice.
Use peaches as a substitute fruit.

However, back in the daze, we used to party down! When we lived in small towns, we always went to a party. Ahhh, such great parties! No, I won't be showing any pics from these parties...however I do have a good one with a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on my head.....:D (never any chicken in the bucket...just ice, btw)
I left my pic out...but here's DH's pic taken that night....>:D

Attachments

• nyeve.jpg
    nyeve.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
I miss those days . Chilling the beer in the bathtub ,drinking crazy concoctions , flirting , dancing on the tables , staying out all night and going to work in the same clothes you left in . Happy New Years !

I miss those days . Chilling the beer in the bathtub ,drinking crazy concoctions , flirting , dancing on the tables , staying out all night and going to work in the same clothes you left in . Happy New Years !
Yeah, me too Moe.

Hosting a last minute bash - impromptu Marty Feldman film festival (not quite sure what we were thinking).
Flics, ribs, red beans/rice and local merlot.

Hosting a last minute bash - impromptu Marty Feldman film festival (not quite sure what we were thinking).
Flics, ribs, red beans/rice and local merlot.

Yellow Beard?

Fill blender glass vessel 1/4 full of ice cubes.
Add 1 shot of rum (or vodka) per person per blender mix for a mild buzz, 2 shots per person if you want to be in rocket mode ;)
Add a small handfull of sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (1/4 cup?)
Add 1 ripe banana, cut up into 1" chunks.
Add a dash of lime juice (1/2 tsp max), more if you like a tart taste.
Add a dash of Triple Sec (1 Tblsp max)
Blend using Grind setting to break up ice and the fruit chunks.
Add pineapple juice, leaving about 3 inches of room at the top.
Use frappe setting for about 30 seconds, or until you can't hear any ice chunks hitting the blades.
Serve in chilled tall glasses with a large straw and put chunks of pineapple on a skewer or twizzler stick. Pour a very small amount of grenadine in.
The blender is humming...we two have a nice little buzz going.
Look out below!!! ;)

Girl! You're making me look like a slouch. :D
I will confess to rock-n-roll dancing on a table in George's place on the island of Crete in a little ol town called Xhania, Greece. The Navy guys my LH was working with made the mistake of daring me to do it. I was one of the few women there. The owner George kept an eye on me like a good Greek uncle would. :cool:

Yellow Beard?

Maybe. We project movies on the walls in several rooms with lcd projectors. Different movies in different rooms. Right now we've planned to start with In God We Tru$t, Young Frankenstein and The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother. Yellow Beard (which I've never seen) will be in the second rotation along with 40 gradi all'ombra del lenzuolo and Silent movie. We also have I Feel a Song Going Off piped into the bathroom. Pass the aspirin.

Back
Top Bottom