New Year's Resolutions

kyounge1956

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Have you made a resolution or set some goals for 2011?

Signed up for the new WeightWatchers (online). I have done WW before but some of the pesky pounds have returned and need to come off. Lost 4 pounds over the last 4 weeks. 20 more to go. I really like the new WeightWatchers and my goal is to get the 20 off in the next 6 months. I'm pleased to be losing this time of year instead of gaining.

Have you made a resolution or set some goals for 2011?
The only resolution I've been consistently able to fulfill is the one to stop making resolutions.

At least this year I'm not looking at the pile on my desk and thinking "Well, maybe I'll finish the book next year, and this time I really mean it"...

I generally do not believe in them. However, if I manage to increase my net worth by the same proportion in 2011 as I did in 2010, I will be more than happy.

This Year, Change Your Mind

NEW Year’s resolutions often have to do with eating more healthfully, going to the gym more, giving up sweets, losing weight — all admirable goals aimed at improving one’s physical health. Most people, though, do not realize that they can strengthen their brains in a similar way.

Whether it is by learning a new language, traveling to a new place, developing a passion for beekeeping or simply thinking about an old problem in a new way, all of us can find ways to stimulate our brains to grow, in the coming year and those to follow. Just as physical activity is essential to maintaining a healthy body, challenging one’s brain, keeping it active, engaged, flexible and playful, is not only fun. It is essential to cognitive fitness.

I need/should get back to exercising more, that has fallen by the wayside, I can tell the difference, and I don't like it.

Do more photography with the incentive of either an online class or a locally-taught one.

Work one more year?:whistle:

Develop a budget and do more analysis on our spending patterns.

Our income has always been much more than we spend. Once I FIRE, we will begin to focus more on optimizing our spending.

One major goal is establish a real budget and manage to it... I do not think that will be a problem. I have a fuzzy understanding of our expenses at a gross level by reviewing our payments at a high level.

My other goal is to maximize the benefit of our spending... try to increase our goods/services per U$D spent.

I love New Year's resolutions--my 1975 resolution to quit smoking is still going strong. Last year I resolved to lose some weight, and was successful and other good health things happened as a result. This year I'll continue that resolution and have a couple of others up my sleeve. Good luck to everyone who makes resolutions.

According to my wall calendar, I weigh 10 lbs more than I did 1 year ago.
How did that happen?

Don't I remember something about the "good time" you and Mr. Boston had during your excursion a month or so ago? I, also, seem to recall mention of some pretty tasty dishes. Seems like a fair price to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you weigh yourself with a wall calendar?:LOL:

Don't I remember something about the "good time" you and Mr. Boston had during your excursion a month or so ago? I, also, seem to recall mention of some pretty tasty dishes. Seems like a fair price to me.
Very carefully! :LOL:

Ok, I confess...beer, pizza, chocolate, seafood. :blush:

Learn how my recently given Iphone works.... A year should be more than enough time:). But then, considering that I´ll change phones in no time at all...:D

Resolutions:
Shall exercise (as much as possible)
Shall upgrade broadband/PC/phone/camera...
Shall get organized/downsized...

Excessive record-keeping.

After all, we're always being told that if it's not tracked then it's not happening, right?
W*rks for me :D
I adhere to the old adage that "2 turns into 5 turns into 10 turns into 20" in the weight gain domain. Too bad that money doesn't w*rk that way. :(

W*rks for me :D
I adhere to the old adage that "2 turns into 5 turns into 10 turns into 20" in the weight gain domain. Too bad that money doesn't w*rk that way. :(

I gained the 20. I know I have to lose it. But I'm not going to resolve to lose it - instead my resolution is to exercise a minimum of 45 minutes per day, 5 days a week. That should take it off.

Figure out what I want to do when I grow up...

Back
Top Bottom