Join Early Retirement Today

Next week
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Next week

I am going to "bowling boot camp" w/ my son -- I am really looking forward to it. As a kid I bowled a fair amount and always enjoyed it, as an adult......never. I saw this class and signed us up - this ER stuff is all good

Any comments - other bowlers out there?

How bad can being w/ your kid in close proximity to chili cheese fries /soda and beer be?!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Next week
Old 05-19-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

That depends on how many "bowling muscles" you rediscover!!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo

How bad can being w/ your kid in close proximity to chili cheese fries /soda and beer be?!
Take Tums with you . You gave me the idea of taking up Bowling again when I retire. USed to bowl in a league and enjoyed it.

Bruce
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
I am going to "bowling boot camp" w/ my son -- I am really looking forward to it. As a kid I bowled a fair amount and always enjoyed it, as an adult......never. I saw this class and signed us up - this ER stuff is all good

Any comments - other bowlers out there?

Now you can tell us... How bad or good was the bowling boot camp
Old 05-26-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Never heard of a bowling boot camp... but it sounds like fun.... and a bonus that you son wants to do it also...

I am a bowler and have enjoyed it for many years.... just finished the season and came up a bit short... finished in second place two games out of first (28 teams)... had a nice 187 avg.. (but in this league, that was 'average'... many many with 200 and over)...

And yes, you will be sore in places for awhile... and might be all the time...

Have fun!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy connie View Post
Now you can tell us... How bad or good was the bowling boot camp
Hey Connie, We went to "bootcamp" again yesterday and it was great fun and very helpful esp. for my son. While I bowled quite alot many years ago...this was his first time and the pros spent alot of time w/ him. His 1st game last week was 40, 2nd 60 etc. Yesterday he broke 100! Needless to say he loves the game ...and the high 5s/attention for his improvement. I was a little sore but was pre-emptive w/ the pain meds(read beer!). We had such a good time that we are joining the family group leage -- it is once a week for the summer.

Texas P - you are way ahead of me w/ a 187 average. My best game thus far was 153 -- most were around 125. But we are having fun, have one more bootcamp and plenty of time to practice ....

And yes we had the chili cheese fries and some other delectable health treats(no weds weighin for me ).